How to make healthy Chinese copycat beef and green beans stir fry. This gluten free recipe is so simple, quick, and easy, it makes a perfect weeknight meal. Low carb dinner that's great comfort food. Perfect with brown rice or cauliflower rice.
I love fresh green beans. I think it goes back to when I was a little girl and ate them fresh out of my grandma's garden. There's nothing quite like eating food that was growing just a few short hours ago.
Today, our garden rarely produces enough food for us to eat a whole meal out of the garden, but we try anyway.
I saw a meme recently that said, "Gardening is a great way to spend 3 months of your life to save $2.17," and that is entirely true, but we still do it because the food tastes so much better.
So we supplement our green bean haul from the grocery store, and Joe serves his fresh food with pride and no one knows that most of it came from a big box store. Oh well.
Anyway, Joe and I have been eating this beef and green beans meal a lot lately. We both love it, and it is quick and easy to throw together after work.
I personally think that our beef and green beans recipe is better than the beef and green beans or chicken and green beans at the local Chinese restaurant. It has a lot more flavor and is a lot healthier and the green beans are typically fresher. So I'll take ours over take out any night of the week.
How to Make Chinese Copycat Beef with Green Beans
- Season the ground beef with pressed garlic, ginger, onion powder, and black pepper. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is evenly browned. Drain the fat. Mix in soy sauce and honey.
- Stir in the green beans and cover. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until the beans are tender to your satisfaction.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Stir into the beef mixture and cook an additional 5 minutes or so, until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Try these other delicious beef recipes while you're here:
- Mongolian Beef in the Instant Pot
- Easy Shredded Beef Tacos in the Instant Pot
- Low Carb Beef, Cheddar, and Chive Meatballs
- Beef BBQ Biscuit Cups Recipe
- Jamaican Meat Pies AKA Jamaican Beef Patties
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Ground Beef, Tomatoes, and Cheese