This Instant Pot sweet balsamic pork roast is delicious and flavorful, with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce making the best glaze. Plus it cooks in under one hour!
We have gotten into a bit of a recipe rut lately. We have so many recipes at our disposal (over 350 on my blog!), but because I eat a bariatric diet with almost no carbs, our options are pretty limited. It’s always 4 ounces of a protein and 4 ounces of a vegetable.
We made up a recipe binder months and months ago with our favorite bariatric-friendly recipes listed out in dividers by type of meat, and that does help because either Joe or I can page through our favorites and pick something that we haven’t had in a while.
Even the recipes in the binder were feeling a little stale, so Joe was searching around on the internet and found something that inspired him to make a balsamic vinegar gravy, which he put on top of a pork roast.
We love pork, but it’s a little high in calories for me, and we don’t eat it too often.
I love this recipe. I can’t say what it is about the pork that always comes out so well, but the combination of the balsamic glaze and the flavor of the pork are just out of this world.
When Joe makes this, I happily eat it for several days and scrimp on foods at other meals to make up the calories. It’s worth the sacrifice.
How to make sweet balsamic pork in the Instant Pot
- Mix garlic, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, water, cornstarch, soy sauce, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Heat the Instant Pot to sauté. Pour in the oil. Season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper and brown on all sides.
- Turn off the sauté mode and add the sauce to the pork in the pot. Program Instant Pot to meat and cook for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on the Instant Pot during the cooking time as some cooks have had their IP alarm for burning. If this happens, carefully release the pressure, add another 1/2 cup of water, and repressurize to finish cooking. When the timer beeps, turn it off and let the pressure naturally release.
- Slice the pork and serve topped with lots of sauce.
You should check out some other Instant Pot recipes while you’re here:
- The best ever Instant Pot pot roast
- Instant Pot sloppy joes
- Instant Pot chicken tacos
- Coconut Chicken Curry in the Instant Pot
Balsamic vinegar is naturally sweet, and adding a little brown sugar to it makes it really come alive. The sweetness is balanced out by soy sauce and the pork roast is smothered in rich, brown sauce. You can’t go wrong with this Instant Pot pork roast!
Do you want to cook the easy way?
If you liked this recipe, you’re going to love Cooking Made Easy – a bundle of my top 60 recipes from the last 13 years! With a whole month’s worth of easy dinners and simple desserts, you won’t have to worry about what to make for a long time!
© 2018 – 2021, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.