This creative and unique apple snack is silly and fun. Kids will love the gummi worm and gobble down the healthy apple with peanut butter. It's a new take on an old favorite.
Isn't this an awesome treat? I'd eat this wormy apple any day.
As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd make it for Grace's bedtime snack.
The snack itself is really easy to put together, and it requires minimal ingredients.
The only downside?
When I handed it to 3-year-old Grace, she was – concerned. She didn't know what to think of it. She looked the snack all over, without touching the apple or the worm. I could tell by the look on her face that she was perplexed.
"Is that a silly snack, or what?" I asked, grinning. She looked at me, then back at the apple. "Can you believe I put a gummi worm in your apple? What else is in there?"
With that, she picked it up and opened the two halves, happily telling me that it was filled with peanut butter, marshmallows, and a gummi worm.
In the end, she ate the entire apple, the worm, the marshmallows, and the peanut butter inside.
That's a successful snack in my book.
How to make a wormy apple snack
- Wash your apple, core it, and cut it in half horizontally.
- Cut a large marshmallow in half horizontally and stuff one half into the top and bottom of the apple. This will keep the peanut butter from oozing out, but is really optional.
- Use a heavy duty straw or a sharp knife to cut a small hole in the side of the apple. It needs to be big enough to insert a gummi worm.
- Poke the gummi worm into the hole you cut out, leaving just a bit to stick out of the apple.
- Fill the remaining center of the apple with peanut butter.
- Stick the two halves of the apple back together and serve.
If you like this fun snack, you're going to love these 29 fun fall snacks that kids can make for themselves.