Grace loves ranch dressing, and she loves crescent rolls. She loves cooking, too, and this recipe is easy enough for her to prepare almost without help.
Cheesy Chicken Ranch Squares
5 from 1 vote
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenders cut into 1'' pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 8-oz ounce tubes refrigerated crescent rolls 8-count each
- ¼ pound Muenster cheese 6 to 8 slices
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed (2 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 13'' x 9'' glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ranch mix and chicken, stirring to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls in the baking dish. Firmly pinch together perforations and pat dough as necessary to fit bottom of dish. Place sliced cheese, covering all dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken evenly over cheese. Layer spinach evenly over chicken.
- In medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Pour evenly over layers.
- Unroll second tube of crescent rolls over the top of layered ingredients. Press perforations to seal and stretch to fit. Brush beaten egg yolk over dough. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.