How to Make the Best Homemade Pizza Dough - 24 delicious recipes: These simple and easy recipes are frugal and healthy and make a hearty meal. Thick but crispy crust with traditional and unique toppings.
We eat a lot of homemade pizza.
All three of us love pizza, homemade or commercial or delivery.
Homemade pizza is healthier. We can use low-fat cheese and pepperoni. We can load it up with veggies. With 4 different food groups represented (grains, dairy, protein, and vegetables), homemade pizza is a complete and healthy meal.
And then, if you serve it with a salad or a fruit cup, you've increased the health factor even more.
Homemade pizza is crazy cheap. We buy flour in 25 pound bags and re-package it with our vacuum sealer contraption. We do something similar with the yeast. The rest of the crust ingredients (sugar, vegetable oil, etc.) are used in such minor amounts that the cost is negligible.
There is some cost in the cheese and pepperoni, but it's so much less than a commercial or delivery pizza that I'm happy to buy them.
It's delicious. Plus, we can customize the toppings for our own tastes.
Like, say one of us hates green and red peppers. That person can claim a hunk of pizza and keep it free from said peppers.
Because we eat so much of it, I have posted quite a few homemade pizza recipes here on Feels Like Home. Here are some of our favorites:
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough - For a long time, this was our preferred pizza crust recipe, although it was never perfect. It was easy to make thanks to the bread machine we got from Freecycle.
- The Secret to Homemade Pizza - This quick tip will make every pizza you ever make taste like the best one ever.
- How to Make the Best Homemade Pizza Dough - This recipe is our favorite. We liked it so much that we never looked for another. We used this one as long as we made homemade pizza (we have gotten away from it in recent years).
- How to Grill Pizza Dough - This easy recipe starts with the homemade dough in the link above but adds to it a grilling procedure that will make the best pizza you've ever eaten. No pizza tastes as good as grilled pizza.
- Homemade Veggie Ranch Pizza - Joe and I love this pizza which is made without a tomato sauce base.
- Homemade BBQ Pork Pizza - This might be my favorite pizza because BBQ pulled pork is my favorite meat!
- Homemade Chicken 'N Bacon Ranch Pizza - This is another really delicious pizza without tomato sauce.
- Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Stromboli - This is our version of the stromboli we used to buy from the local delivery shop.
- Chicken Salad Pizza - This very non-traditional pizza is delicious and does not use a tomato sauce.
- How to Make an Easy Heart-Shaped Tortilla Pizza - This is a fun pizza that your kids will love.
- 10 Pizzas to Cook on a Pizza Stone - Lots of different pizza recipes here, and none with plain old tomato sauce and cheese!
- How to Make the Best Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza - This is another non-traditional pizza made with tortillas, refried beans, and ground beef.
- Chicken Crust Pizza - The Best Low Carb & Gluten-Free Pizza - This is the pizza we eat most often now. It has practically zero carbs and tastes AMAZING.
- How to Make Popover Pizza Casserole - Upside Down Pizza Recipe - I couldn't make this list without popover pizza which is what my mom always made when I was a kid.
- Quick & Easy Pizza Dip Recipe - And finally, one of my top two favorite appetizers. This has all the flavors of a gooey, cheesy pizza but without the crust.