This week, IÃ¢â‚¬™ve shared ideas for gifts you can make and give for ValentineÃ¢â‚¬™s Day.
This list is a hodge podge of ideas that didn’t seem to fit anywhere else – CDs, a love bird mobile, hand warmers. Fun times.
Other Crafty Gifts
*The name of each project is linked to the tutorial.
- Love birds mobile – This made me think of a friend whose nursery has a bird theme. It’s just pretty.
And since it’s made from paper, string, and feathers, it’s inexpensive and easy to put together.
- Homemade hand warmer – Mitten warmer, sock warmer, bed warmer… is there anything this little heart can’t do? Anyone who spends time outside or has perennially cold hands would appreciate one of these little bags.
- Photo wreath – I featured something very similar to this for Christmas, too. Change the colors and you could make it appropriate for any holiday. I love this idea!
- Felt hearts pins – These pins are really simple. All you have to do is cut the hearts out of felt, sew the edges together, and stuff with a bit of batting. Depending on the colors of felt and thread you use, you could get very different looks.
- Make a CD – Do people still make CDs for each other? I make them for Gracie, and she loves her personalized CDs. The labels and gift tags on this website match for a coordinated look.
- Heart bookmarks – Does everyone lose their bookmarks with the frequency that I do? I can never find one when I need it, even though I know I have a dozen if I have one.
This project requires only a scrap of fabric and a piece of cardstock, so it’s super easy and the results are so pretty.
- Sequin bookmark – As I said above, I can never find a bookmark when I need one. This bookmark is so simple and so pretty! I would love to receive one, and I bet you know a reader who would love one, too.
- Valentine fortunes – Aren’t these are fun?! We are big Chinese food lovers, so I know quite a few people who’d love to get some Valentine’s Day fortunes. I might throw a few in a takeout-style box with a handful of chocolate. So easy!
- 52 things I like about you – This is one of those things I might have done when I was dating Joe, but wouldn’t think of doing now. Why not? Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to do something silly that you haven’t done in years.
- Button heart card – This is adorable! If you don’t have a store where you can buy buttons by the pound, you are missing out!
Seriously, most craft and fabric stores sell large bags of assorted buttons.Ã‚ Or you could go the less frugal route and get small bags of color-coordinated buttons.
Are you inspired yet?
© 2011 – 2017, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.