How to make the best easy homemade breakfast pizzas on English muffins - This simple and quick recipe is based on an old Taste of Home recipe that made a large pizza, but this one makes individual servings. With lots of bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheese, these mini pizzas are always a big hit!
My kids are on a huge English muffin pizza kick right now. Their favorite way is to use a king-sized English muffin and top it with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and bake for 10 minutes at 400º. They come out perfectly every single time, and my kids (especially 9-year-old Allie) have gotten this pizza making down to a science.
Because they are so in love with their English muffin pizzas, I thought we would try a breakfast pizza. We eat a lot of breakfast foods at our house because eggs are so high in protein, and a breakfast pizza was a natural choice.
There is a really good breakfast pizza recipe from Taste of Home that we like, so I thought I would turn those flavors into a mini pizza that each person could grab and go. No more cutting into squares, just assemble, bake, and eat!
How to make mini breakfast pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Line a baking sheet with edges with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon on the foil in a single layer. Cook bacon in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crispy but not brittle. Remove bacon to paper towels and pat dry, then crumble or chop into ½-inch pieces.
- While bacon is cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs together with milk and pour into hot skillet.
- Scramble the eggs to a soft set stage (just barely set with no liquid egg remaining).
- Open 4 king-size English muffins and place on a baking sheet. Brush each with olive oil and sprinkle with onion powder and garlic powder to taste.
- Spread cheddar cheese evenly over the 8 pizza halves.
- Top cheese with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, and Monterey jack cheese, dividing each as evenly as possible among the 8 mini pizzas.
- Bake pizzas for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool significantly before handing pizzas over to kids. The toppings stay hot a really long time.
While you're here, check out these other awesome breakfast recipes!
- Zucchini Sausage Egg Muffins (Low Carb)
- Sausage Broccoli Mushroom Omelet Roll
- Sun-dried Tomato, Basil, Bacon, and Feta Omelet
- Spicy Oven Baked Omelet
- Cheese & Green Chile Frittata