This creamy lemon mayo salad dressing recipe combines common pantry ingredients to make an amazingly good gluten-free homemade dressing. It's delicious over a BLT salad for the perfect keto meal but also makes a great aioli and french fry dip!
What you'll need to make the best keto salad dressing
- Whisk - Alternately, you could pulse this salad dressing in a blender or food processor, but it is such a small amount of dressing that you will lose a lot in the actual machine. You may need to double or trip the recipe if you want to use a blender to make it.
See printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for all measurements.
- Mayonnaise - I use light mayo, but you can use full fat if you prefer.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - There is no substitute for fresh lemon juice. If you can't get a lemon, don't bother making the dressing.
- Lemon zest - This is optional but adds an extra lemony flavor to the dressing.
- Olive oil - This gives the dressing its pourable consistency.
- Dijon mustard - This gives the dressing a spicy undertone. If you prefer, you can use spicy brown or even horseradish mustard in place of Dijon.
- Garlic powder - I love fresh garlic, but in this recipe, it sort of overpowers the other flavors. Stick to garlic powder and only use a little bit.
- Black pepper
How to make creamy lemon salad dressing
- Prepare dressing as early as possible so that flavors can blend ahead of time in the refrigerator.
- Add mayonnaise to a small bowl.
- Zest half of the lemon and add to the mayo.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl then measure out 2 tablespoons. This is approximately the juice of one half lemon.
- Add olive oil to the lemon juice and mayo.
- Add Dijon mustard to the bowl.
- Finish by adding the garlic powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Pour into a small mason jar with an airtight lid and refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before serving.
Serve creamy lemon dressing with these dishes:
- BLT Salad with the Best Homemade Salad Dressing
- Egg and Asparagus Salad with Mimosa Vinaigrette Dressing - Replace the mimosa vinaigrette with creamy lemon dressing
- Keto Broccoli Salad with No Mayo - Replace the olive oil dressing with creamy lemon dressing
Check out these other delicious sauces and homemade salad dressing:
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Ranch Salad Dressing
- The Best Classic Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Asparagus Mimosa Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- The Best Horseradish Aioli
- Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Honey Sriracha Mayonnaise
Leave a Reply