I spent all weekend cleaning up blog posts. My recipe plugin hadn't been updated in over a year, and it was causing some backend problems on my site. I couldn't write or edit any posts, so it was time to dump it and get something new. I did that, and then I had to import over 300 recipes. It took a long time.
While I was sitting outside with my laptop, watching the girls play, Grace asked if she could write a blog post.
"Yeah, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.
"Isabella," she said. That's her American Girl doll.
"What do you want to say about her?" I asked.
She didn't know. She thought about it for a few minutes, and then she said, "I know. It would be good if you interviewed me and Allie and posted that on your blog."
I agreed that it was a good idea, and I set out to think of some interview questions. I love these kinds of interviews, and I never manage to keep safe the birthday interviews I do with the girls. I should put them in the baby books, but I never get around to it.
The questions I came up with follow, with both Grace's (age 9) and Allie's (age 5 ½) answers.
You could print this out and put it in your baby books. If you're anything like me, it will be the first entry in years.
- Who are your friends?
- Allie - Tynley and Gretchen
- Grace - Lydia, Dakota, Sophia, Addy, Allie, and God
- What do you like to do with your friends?
- Allie - Play follow the leader and ring around the rosey. Sometimes, I can't be with my friends because I'm away from them.
- Grace - Play games and house and talk
- What are you going to be when you grow up?
- Allie - A painter. They paint pictures.
- Grace - An engineer. They build stuff.
- Are you going to get married?
- Allie - No
- Grace - No
- How many children are you going to have?
- Allie - Zero
- Grace - Zero. Wait, maybe one or two.
- What is your favorite food?
- Allie - Walmart chicken
- Grace - Pepperoni pizza
- What food do you hate?
- Allie - Mushrooms
- Grace - Onions and mushrooms
- What's your favorite thing to do in school?
- Allie - Be with my mom. I like math.
- Grace - Science
- What's your favorite thing to do with Mom?
- Allie - Play outside with her because her is so pretty and nice.
- Grace - Play, paint, crafts, everything
- What's your favorite thing to do with Dad?
- Allie - Cook with him
- Grace - Build, cook, annoy him
- What do you love the most?
- Allie - My mom, my kitty Peaches
- Grace - God, Isabella, Rexy, Mommy, Daddy, Allie, my friends, my family, my house, my food, my water, my toys, my Shopkins, my dollies, my bed, my Nana, my PopPop, my Amanda, my Pappy, my Old Grandma and more
- What do you like best about yourself?
- Allie - I'm funny.
- Grace - My pretty hair and style
- What is something you're proud of?
- Allie - Going to Hersheypark
- Grace - How smart and funny I am. If I make something, I am proud of it. And my third place ribbon in the York Fair.
- What do you want to get better at?
- Allie - Bowling
- Grace - Being nice to Allie
- What's your favorite color?
- Allie - Red
- Grace - Pink, purple, gold, silver, and teal
- What's your favorite game?
- Allie - Sleeping Queens
- Grace - Sleeping Queens, Clue, and Pictopia and more
- What's your favorite song?
- Allie - Call Me Maybe
- Grace - Let It Go, All About that Bass, Lips Are Moving and more
- What's your favorite holiday?
- Allie - Christmas because I love it and that's when Santa gives you presents.
- Grace - Christmas and Halloween and Easter
- What's your favorite place to go?
- Allie - Walmart
- Grace - Wherever Mommy is
- What's your favorite part of the day?
- Allie - When I get to spend time with my mommy.
- Grace - When Momma and Daddy come home from work
Leave a Reply