Peanut sesame chicken over zoodles is a low carb, keto Asian favorite that combines creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and Sriracha in a sweet and spicy sauce over zucchini noodles and crispy chicken.
If you haven't noticed, we love Asian food. Our whole family eats quite a bit of Chinese takeout from our local restaurant, but we also make quite a few Asian inspired meals at home. Here are a few:
- Instant Pot Garlic Chicken - Easy 15 Minute Meal
- Healthy General Tso's Chicken with Sautéed Snow Peas
- Ginger Chili Sauce
- Spicy Sriracha Shrimp with Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- Indonesian Peanut Chicken
The recipe below is one of our Asian inspired dishes. It's an easy one to make, taking only a few minutes from start to finish, and the results are sweet and spicy and rich with flavor.
You can make this meal as spicy or not as you want by adjusting the amount of sriracha you add in step one. If you're a little spice shy, add half of the amount and taste the sauce, adding more only when you're sure it will be okay. On the other hand, if you like lots of heat, go ahead and double it. Be sure to taste the sauce though, before you add it to your chicken and zoodles.
How to make peanut sesame chicken with zoodles
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, garlic, and ginger.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until sizzling. Place chicken in a single layer over the bottom of the pan. Cook several minutes on each side, until no longer pink. You will probably have to cook the chicken in several batches. Spoon half of the peanut sauce over the chicken, turning to coat. Remove from skillet.
- Place spiralized zucchini in a large bowl with remaining sauce and toss to coat. Add into the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- To serve, top zoodles with chicken, sesame seeds, and peanuts.
Become an Instant Pot Pro!
Get my favorite Instant Pot recipes in my free cookbook, Instant Pot Made Easy! Click the button below to receive the book. If for some reason, the button doesn’t work for you, leave a comment below, and I’ll email it to you.