Chicken and corn mini pies are the ultimate comfort food. They're made from biscuits stuffed full of corn, chicken, onions, cheddar, and cream cheese. So good!
My mom died seven years ago this summer, but when she was alive, there were certain recipes I could count on her making all the time. Popover pizza (coming soon), pork and sauerkraut, and these chicken and corn mini pies were among her favorites.
My family eats chicken and corn mini pies all year round, but they taste especially good in the winter, when the chill of a blustery wind permeates everything.
I love these mini pies because the filling is savory with a hint of sweetness and the biscuits you use to make the pie part are buttery and flaky. I love these so much that I think I'm going to make some tomorrow. My kids will be delighted.
How to Make Chicken & Corn Mini Pies
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Lightly grease 8 muffin cups. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; blend until smooth.
Stir in chicken, cheese, onion, and corn.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 parts by removing the top ⅓ of the biscuit. Place bottom ⅔ of each biscuit in greased muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming ¼ inch rim. Spoon about ⅓ cup corn mixture into each cup. Top each with remaining ⅓ biscuit, stretching slightly to fit. Press edges to seal.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy:
- BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups (This is very similar to the above but with a filling of BBQ beef and cheddar cheese.)
- Chicken Burrito Bowls in the Instant Pot
- Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
- Zucchini Sausage Egg Muffins Recipe (Gluten-Free & Low Carb)