15 responses

1. Kaysi (Keeping It Simple)
    March 30, 2010

I love this idea!! I really need to do it for my family, thanks for sharing!

2. [email protected] Cheap Chic Home
    March 30, 2010

I'm sure someone will want to make those eggs. My kids made them in Sunday school. I don't remember what I told the kids when they were preschoolers, I probably didn't say a whole lot till they could understand more. Happy Easter – It's nice someone actually remembers what it is for/about ;).

3. mada22
    March 31, 2010

That's a great idea! The kids at church did this during their Easter egg hunt and it was a hit!

4. Lori
    April 3, 2010

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

5. Amanda
    March 18, 2011

Thank’s very creative, I appreciate the post 🙂

6. Waynejodifox
    April 8, 2011

Easter can be intense for a 2 year old. I like to focus on the love part. God LOVES us so much that he gave us Jesus. It was God’s plan for Jesus to grow up and go back to live with God in heaven. Easter reminds us that Jesus is with us always and one day we will get to see him. There are only 4 eggs. Inside them are:
    1. Heart: God loves us so much
    2. Cross: He gave us Jesus who died on the cross and was hurt. But it was because He loves us.
    3. Birthday candle: Jesus is alive and His light is still shining today! We get to be with Jesus forever!
    4. Pretzel: Shape looks like praying hands. We can pray and tell Jesus that we believe and that we love Him too!

When they get older, they will be more ready for the full story. But for now….it’s good to know that Easter is about God’s love

• Tara @ Feels Like Home
      April 8, 2011

That’s a wonderful message. Thanks for sharing it.

• Patricia
      March 20, 2016

Well done!! what a beautiful way to share Easter with toddlers. Thank you

7. Kathy
    March 20, 2012

I have 4 children, ages 21 to 10. We have made Resurrection Eggs for several of the kids’ religious education programs over the years. I am amazed how well-received the craft is from both kids and parents alike. What a meaningful way to help kids of all ages understand the story of Jesus and the resurrection. I still have my daughter’s eggs from second grade (she’s now in college!) What an awesome keepsake to have as well.

8. katie
    March 20, 2012

Thank you for your honesty in dealing with this issue. I’m trying to prepare for Easter for my 4 and 5 year old girls and honestly we are still not past the distress that the details of the story cause. And maybe that is the point, that we all need to feel and know that distress to understand the love. But the fear without the understanding does not seem worth the trauma yet. They are barely aware of the existence of that degree of violence let alone against precious Jesus. So, I too am waiting for the right time/year for the resurrection eggs. I do like the shortened version presented by …fox and I think I will do something like that. I’m glad you told your story even if you didn’t do the project yet. : ) Thanks

• Feels Like Home Blog┞¢
      March 21, 2012

Thanks 🙂 We did actually did do some last year, when she was almost 4. (I wrote this post when she was 2, going on 3.) I told her only the vaguest of details, and she was okay with that. She knows now that He lived and then died, and it was God’s great plan to save all people. She really liked playing with the eggs, taking everything out, telling the story, and putting it all away again. It was a perfect reminder of the meaning of Easter without any distress at all.

When your kids are ready for it, you’ll know. I think it’s so important that we know our kids and are wise about what to share and what not to share with them, based on their development.

• Kirsty
        February 22, 2017

I agree. Wee ones only need to know the most important bits. They’ll learn more as they get older. As well as being distressing, too much info risks the important bits being lost.

I did 6 with my Sunday School class – soldier, cross, darkness (black paper), curtain (small piece of cloth), stone, empty.

9. Lori
    April 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing. I was getting ready to put this together (last minute, I know…) and the first version I came across wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. This is great!