Hawaiian Style Crispy Dumplings
5 from 1 vote
- 25 wonton wrappers round
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tbsp green onions thinly sliced, about 1 stalk
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ¼ cups Chinese cabbage finely shredded
- 1 ½ cups oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients, except for wonton wrappers and oil, in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water and fold edges over to form a half-moon shape. Roll edges slightly to seal in filling. Set dumplings aside on a lightly floured surface until ready to cook.
- Set a 12-inch wok or 10-inch skillet over high heat and pour enough frying oil to cover the wontons. Heat the oil to 375 and deep fry the wontons, no more than 10 at a time, for minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain the excess oil.
- Serve with Ginger Chili Sauce (below).
For steamed dumplings, place in a steamer so that no dumplings are touching. Steam for 6-10 minutes, until centers are no longer pink.