I just made up that name. I don't know what to call this supper, which is my favorite meal right now.
Balsamic Sausage and Veggies
5 from 1 vote
- 1-1.25 pounds sweet Italian turkey sausage (substitute whatever you like - we've used sausage with peppers and onions turkey sausage, hot sausage, and a few others. They're all wonderful.)
- 3 in onions cut in one inch chunks
- 3 in potatoes cut in one inch chunks
- other veggies cut in one inch chunks (we use whatever we have - this week it was zucchini and yellow squash)
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar plus one tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a 9x13 pan, combine sausage, cut into one inch chunks, with veggies and vinegar. Roast in over until sausages are completely browned, onions nicely caramelized, and liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, and add water in ¼ cups if pan seems to be drying out.
- Remove from oven, add an additional Tbs. of balsamic vinegar and one Tbs. water. Let stand for three minutes, then stir, scraping up brown bits and sauce. Pour into serving dish. Serves 5.
Did I mention that I LOVE THIS? I really do. We eat it a few times a month.