Homemade coupon books can be iffy, you know? Sometimes they're really great, but sometimes they're pretty lame. With that in mind, I made up these super cute books last year for my own girls, and they LOVED them.
Both girls rationed out their coupons, making them last the whole year long. They planned and schemed about when they would use their “special date with Mom” and “special date with Dad” coupons, and what we would do on those dates. They worked together to stay up late and enjoy their pizza dinners.
Making these Valentine coupon books was simple, as you will see below, and can easily be accomplished in one evening after the kids are in bed. That's when I made ours last year, and when I plan to make them again this year.
These adorable Valentines coupon books for kids include pictures on each coupon so that non-readers will know what they're looking for.
How to Make Valentines Coupon Books for Kids
- The first step, obviously, is to download the free printable below. Please note that there are actually 2 different files, and you will need both. The first one is the coupons, and the second one is the cover.
- Print both files on white cardstock.
- Cut out the coupons, but don't cut off the white space to the left of the coupon. Leave this whole.
- My coupons were perforated, meaning that they had little holes at the edge of the coupons that allowed the coupons to be very easily torn out. To perforate the coupons, take all the thread out of your sewing machine (don't forget the bobbin thread). Sew along the edge of each of the coupons, but don't sew along the cover. You don't want it to be perforated.
- Lay the cover on top of the stack of perforated coupons, and fold it over so that it wraps around to the back of the coupon book.
- Wrap the cover around the coupons, and then punch two holes in the whole thing so that you can tie it up with some yarn. I used my Cropadile but you could also use regular hole punch.
- Tie a length of red yarn through the two holes and tie in a knot (to hold the coupons securely) then a bow overtop (to look pretty).
- Write your dear one's name on the front cover and give it to her!
Download your free printable Valentines coupons below!
© 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.