Grace and I love oatmeal for breakfast.
We eat it almost every weekday morning.
Baked Oatmeal Pudding
5 from 3 votes
- 1 cups fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cups chopped nuts pecans are our favorite
- ¼ cups dried cherries or substitute cranberries or strawberries
- 1 firm ripe apple or pear chopped
- ½ cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the oats, baking powder, salt, nuts, dried fruit, and apple or pear. Stir just until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and the top is light golden brown. Spoon into bowls and top with blueberries.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 3mg
I topped this with light whipped topping, too, but that's just me.