You know that little voice in your head, the one who tells you that you're not good enough?
...the one that tells you that your family is rude or obnoxious or doesn't appreciate you?
...the one that tells you can't do it?
Do you have a voice like that? I do, and I think you do, too.
Some people call that voice the enemy. Some people call it the voice of sin or the voice of the flesh. Whatever you call it, it is ugly, and it is not from God.
The Holy Spirit, the other small voice we hear, is an encourager. He builds us up and helps us to overcome. When we learn to tune into his message, we can do anything.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13
How do you combat that voice? Do you have to battle with it forever?
Six years ago, when I was in the hospital, I learned about the power of positive affirmations. I started using some at that time, and I have tweaked them over the years. I make them on my computer, print them on cardstock, and hang them in different places that I'll see them throughout the day.
I repeat these affirmations three times whenever I see them, and it helps to boost my mood, calm my spirit, and turn around my bad days.
I realized not long ago that my readers might like them, too, so I set to work compiling all the different ones I've made into one printable file.
Do positive affirmations work?
Even though I am a believer with a strong faith, I wanted some evidence that positive affirmations would help me to defeat that nagging ugly voice I hear. Turns out, there is real science behind the power of positive affirmations.
According to an article in the journal Psychology Today, "affirmations can be a powerful tool to help you change your mood, state of mind, and manifest the change you desire in your life."
The messages you allow to permeate your brain, to really sink in, have the power to actually change your brain, causing new pathways to be formed. And then, of course, new pathways lead to new thoughts, new thoughts lead to new actions and words spoke.
You can totally tip the battle against Satan in your favor, and the Holy Spirit will help you.
What can positive affirmations do for me?
That voice criticizes you. It makes you feel guilty, afraid, angry, and unloved. You constantly worry that you might be screwing up your kids or failing at work.
These negative thoughts can have power over you if you don't replace them with positive thoughts - truths based in scripture, written for you by the One who loves you more than anybody.
Research has shown that positive affirmations:
- Combat the negative effects of stress.
- Boost problem-solving abilities.
- Create long lasting feelings of happiness.
These printable positive affirmations for Christian moms will encourage you and lift your mood. They will remind you to see yourself the way God sees you - a beautiful, beloved, and peaceful wife and an amazing mother.
When you read these cards daily, you will:
- Feel like a good wife and mom again
- Trust the voice of the Holy Spirit when you hear it
- Enjoy your family, even when things are crazy
- Stop worrying about your mistakes and imperfections
- Find the joy that Jesus promises
- Feel happier and more relaxed in all your days
How to use positive affirmations for Christian moms
Here's what I did with these cards:
- Save the file (um, obviously, right?)
- Print the cards on cardstock
- Cut the cards - they are squares for easier cutting!
- Laminate for durability
- Store in a small box or envelope and keep them in a safe place (Mine are in my underwear drawer.)
- Choose one affirmation to focus on. You might want one per day or one per week, or just change it whenever you feel like it.
- Post somewhere that you will see it several times throughout the day. I like mine on the bathroom mirror, but you could also put it on a kitchen cabinet, the fridge, your car's dashboard, or some other spot.
- Repeat the affirmation three times every time you notice it, preferably out loud. (But I understand if you say it in your mind because there are other people around.)
Get these positive affirmations for Christian moms today to get the encouragement you need!
Claim a mindset of joy and take back your mind from the enemy.
These cards are the perfect way to build your trust in the Holy Spirit and consciously seek out his voice in your mind.
You can be happy again!