47 responses

1. Karen
    January 19, 2015

Thank you for sharing these! I highlighted a few of them in my bible :).

Some favorites of mine:

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. – Romans 12:21

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. – Psalm 105:3

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – Galatians 6:9

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. – Hebrews 13:2

Have a great day!
    Karen

2. Flo
    January 22, 2015

Hey Tara, I had no other way to reach you so I chose one of your inspiring posts. I’ve nominated you for a blogger award. Please go to this link for further details: http://grammysgangbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

Good luck Flo

3. Maria
    January 27, 2015

Thank you soooo much for all of your blogging…it is truly life saving. Here are two of my absolute favorite passages. Continue to blog and help those out there who are hurting.

Galatians 6:9
    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

2 Chronicales 20:17
    Ye shall not need to fight in this battle. Set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Fear not, nor be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord will be with you.”

Maria

4. mercy gulule
    May 14, 2015

thanx alot for your inspiring words and i believe God used you to comfort most us.may God bless you.

5. Judy
    July 20, 2015

In this world, you will have trials and troubles, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world. John 16:33

6. Rosita
    August 4, 2015

Thank u for being a blessing to all who have seen these Bea verses!! God bless you always!!!

7. Jennifer
    August 5, 2015

Nice list! However, I do not believe Revelation 3:20 is about salvation. If you look at the context, he’s speaking to members of the church who have grown lukewarm in their faith. Still a great verse, just doesn’t belong in that category. You can never go wrong planting God’s word in your mind and heart!

8. Bryleigh Barrett
    August 9, 2015

Wow thank you for this blog, I love this! <3

9. Mary Beth Brace
    August 15, 2015

Love your post. I went through all the verses…one that came to mind is John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

10. Snowman8wa
    August 21, 2015

Great verses, what did you miss, one very important one that comes from Jesus in the defense of the Harlot in John 8….memorization is fine, but it is more important to be able to APPLY the Scripture we learn in our lives on a daily basis.
    Far too many fail to get John 8:10-12. Our walk isn’t for wimps and we WILL STUMBLE, the question is did you merely stumble or did you willfully fall? “Go and sin no more…” not go and do what you want and come back weekly saying “Sorrrryyyyy” like that will make it okay with GOD; just as the showy feigned burnt offerings in Amos 5. We would be wise to comprehend the RESPONSIBILITY that comes with all of these verses.

God’s Grace and the Love our our Lord be with you…….

Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus et Fidelis

11. Meredith G.
    August 28, 2015

I’m a big collector of sayings, verses, (both Bible and by others), etc. I see many sayings that have used Bible verses as their base. The ones I collect are always the uplifting & inspiring as well those that have positive words to boost self-esteem. Since I didn’t read each one yet, I may be repeating this one, and I’m sure it’s not word for word, but the meaning is not lost:
    When you are in the service of mankind,
    You are in the service of the Lord.
    A personal favorite, (not biblical), is:
    We are put on the Earth, not to see through one another
    But to see one another through.

And, we need to keep in mind that God doesn’t care how many Bible verses you know, He cares about how you treat people.

Thank you for your post and for sharing positive outlooks on life. We are sorely lacking there, too much negativity only serves to produce more negativity.

12. Gail
    December 21, 2015

Sometimes, just a random verse will pop into your head at precisely the right time – which we all know is no ‘coincidence’.
    Years ago, when I was married, my husband took me out to the desert to do some go-carting. He said, being so low to the ground, and the area the same, and so vast, it’s easy to get lost and disoriented. Just remember those hills, and we are to the left. And off he went while I go carted around by myself making only circles so as to play it ‘safe’. But soon I tired and I stopped and quickly realized that nothing looked familiar and I had no idea where I was. I panicked as it was getting late in the afternoon and no one was around.
    Just then a verse popped into my head “…I looked to the hills whence cometh my help” Psalm 121. and I felt a calm as i moved towards them and to the left of them, and soon after, I found them – they were looking for me. 🙂

13. Stacy
    January 12, 2016

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin.”
    ~Hebrews 4:15

14. Dr. Steve R. Lynn
    January 22, 2016

Thank you. I love the scriptures! I am working on some books about them right now. God bless you.
    Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    I love that scripture.

15. Laura
    February 8, 2016

I wrote these down to memorize with my daughter. Not to be picky but did I miss some? I only came up with 48.

• Tara Ziegmont
      February 9, 2016

There really are 50, so you must have missed 2 of them. 🙂

16. pam
    February 27, 2016

Wonderful list. Thank you! My favorite verse is Second Timothy 1:7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. A great verse for when the world is spiraling out of control.

17. Tricia Hart
    March 7, 2016

what font are you using as it’s not showing up well on my screen…

• Tara Ziegmont
      March 7, 2016

It’s the universal web font.

18. Rebecca
    March 13, 2016

“Do not grow weary in doing good for at a proper time you will reap a harvest if you continue not to give up. Therefore, do good for all people.” Galatians 6:9-11

19. tammy
    March 14, 2016

Thanks the verses came just in time.l just started my faith book today and I will use them all.may GOD bless you according to his will

20. Toni Lucas
    March 30, 2016

Love your blog. I also believe we should hide God’s word in our heart. “As a man thinketh in his heart,so is he” ( Prov. 23:7). There is a book entitled, “100 Bible Verses everyone should know by heart” , by Robert J Morgan that you would enjoy reading. The verses are arranged in such a way that makes them easier to memorize. God Bless you.

21. Brandy
    April 23, 2016

I have learned most of these verses and Psalm 1 is also a good one and Phillipians 2:5-11. And 1 Corinthians 10:31

22. Hermgirl
    December 12, 2016

Thank you! These are going on my list!

23. Sandy
    January 1, 2017

Love these! Some of these I already know. One of my favorites for when I feel anxious is found in Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep in perfect peace those whose mind is steadfast on thee because you care for me. Trust in the Lord for He is your rock eternal. And my ultimate favorite is this one. This is a promise from God. “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.” Isaiah 59:21

24. Joy
    April 27, 2017

Awesome! Love this.. You took a lot of time to make this, and I so appreciate it.. I will be memorizing these with my whole family!

25. Linda Spence
    May 9, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    By the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony!!!

26. Jan
    May 17, 2017

Jesus said “I I have come so that you might have live, life to the full” John 10:10b

This is a great verse and a great verse to share with some prisoners I minister with.

Terrific list. There are some where we need to be careful not to take them out of context. When in doubt, read at least the verse before and after.

27. Cassandra Melendez
    May 31, 2017

I’ve always loved Psalm 100.

28. Prudence
    August 5, 2017

This was very hepgful! I was told by my Catechist to learn a Bible verse everyday for 9 days & refect on it, and I was COMPLETELY on board because I really wanted to honor the word of God. This is where I got most of my verses. Thank youuu!

29. Valerie
    August 8, 2017

Memorizing Bible verses is so important because they will stay with you forever. Romans 8:28 is my all time favorite!

30. Corey
    November 26, 2017

Love this list!!! Not that you missed it, but I would include 1 John 4:8. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwt/E/2013/62/4#v=8

31. Valeria
    February 26, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing these verses. It really helps me alot. Yes, I will memorize them one by one with the help of Almighty. I like verse on Psalm 91. God bless you!

32. Rachael Star
    March 16, 2018

you really tried by inspiring and motivating people. isaiah 9:6, psalm 111:10.

33. Annmarie
    April 16, 2018

How do you apply what you don’t know? Remember my people are destroyed because of our lack of knowledge. The Spirit brings to memory what Christ has told us. How do you know those things? By reading and memorizing. Great verses. Thanks. I’m reading them 10x each. Saying them 10x and writing them 2x.

34. Dawn
    April 25, 2018

Great list!! These are awesome verses that can totally be memorized. Thanks for this post 🙂

35. Franki
    May 13, 2018

Blessed is she who believes that’s the Lord will fulfill his promises to her. – Luke 1:45. My absolute favorite. ❤️

36. Franki
    May 13, 2018

That **

37. Ashley Love
    July 6, 2018

Thank you so much for the verses! I am going through on of the hardest/ trying periods of my life. This is not the first period and will not be the last. I have always considered myself a Christian but have not gone to church in years consistently. Every time I go to church I cry because the Lord speaks to me through the music and sermon every time. My point with this is that the Lord always seeks us when we need him most. You shared some motivational verses that apply in my life as I am typing this and it means more than words can explain. I am making it my goal, as I am a goal oriented person, to study the Bible and reorient myself with the messages it provides to live by and connect with the Lord. You have provided a great many that I am going to start my inspirational board with as I want to be surrounded by his words, during this period in particular.

38. Ida Sianturi
    July 19, 2018

Hi Tara, thank you for going this , yes I know so many too but this post guide me best ever , thank you for sharing snd I would love to know you

Shallom
    Ida Sianturi

39. Ida Sianturi
    July 19, 2018

Tara , she is inspired us in this blog, I understand so many of us knew so much already but please don’t give any criticism on her blog, we are all Ond, thd body of Christ We shall encourage each other and stimulate each other , and love is thd utmost , as we are the extension of Jesus hands in this earth … May God bless us ❤️

40. Cory
    February 17, 2019

Which translation did you use to pull these verses? I’m trying to make sure I get them right!

• Tara Ziegmont
      February 17, 2019

I don’t use just one translation. I tend to jump around between NLT, NIV, and ESV. In later blog posts, I have identified which is from which translation, but unfortunately didn’t do that for this list.

41. Dawn
    July 5, 2019

Thank you for this list. It is great. The download button is not working though.

• Tara Ziegmont
      July 5, 2019

You’re welcome. There was a technical glitch this morning, but it is working now.

42. Marie Joseph
    September 19, 2019

God bless you! Thank you so much for sharing these memory verses. One of my favorites, that would probably go under the God’s Promises category, is Isaiah 43:1-2.
    I love your blog. It’s a great resource.