WHAT IS PRIME DAY?
During the two-day 2019 Prime Day sale on July 15-16, more than 1 million items will be on sale for a limited time. Amazon and its third-party sellers offer products at deep discounts so it’s a great time to do some bargain shopping!
As the name implies, Prime Day is an exclusive two-day sale for Amazon Prime members.
Spotlight Deals are the main attraction. They include deals from the top brands with the most popular items stocked with larger than normal inventories. These deals last until they sell out. You can begin previewing some of these deals now and begin adding them to your cart and/or wishlist.
Lightning Deals offer great products at steep discounts but you have to be quick on your feet. These usually have a limited supply and the sale only lasts for a few minutes to a few hours. You can view Lightning Deals 24 hours before they are go live and if you add them to your cart and wishlist, Amazon will ping you when the deals go live.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A PRIME MEMBERSHIP?
If you’ve never had a Prime membership, you can take advantage of the deals and free two-day shipping by signing up for a 30-day trial.
If you’ve had Prime before but don’t right now, you can still take advantage of the Prime Day deals without paying for an entire year membership. Amazon offers a monthly Prime membership which you can easily recoup in Prime Day savings. Just make sure to cancel it before the end of the month!
Discounted Prime memberships are available for those on government assistance and those with a .edu email address. As a grad student, I get my Prime membership for 50% off!
Two adults can also share one Prime membership by linking their accounts with Amazon Household.
WHAT THINGS HAVE GONE ON SALE DURING PAST PRIME DAYS?
- Electronics like Kindles, Echos, FitBits, etc. – These are already on sale, for $20-30 off regular price.
- Instant Pots and Cookware
- Toys and games (early Christmas shopping!)
- Craft supplies
- Grocery, cleaning and pantry items
- Gift cards
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET READY FOR PRIME DAY?
- If you don’t already have Amazon Prime, sign up for the free 30-day trial so you’re ready to take advantage of the deals if one of your items goes on sale.
- Click Watch on the deals you like by tapping the “Watch this deal” button on items in the Amazon app and you’ll get an alert when the sales go live.
- Search “sneak peek” within the Amazon app and get a preview of some of the deals.
- Share your Prime membership with family. Invite your family (or any other adult) to share your Prime benefits at no additional cost with Amazon Household.
- Turn on notifications on your phone to get notified when deals go live. Tap the app’s main menu (three bars in the upper left corner), then tap Settings > Notifications > enable Personalized Notifications.
- Make a list of things you need or have been meaning to buy. You can go ahead and add them directly to your cart now so you’re ready to snag them if they go on sale. A Prime Day badge will appear on items included in the sale.
- Get the Amazon app and log in for the first time, and you’ll get a $10 credit! You can use the Amazon app to add items you’d like to purchase to your watch and wait list, and then be notified when it goes on sale. Click here to get the app.
- Reload $100 or more onto your Amazon Gift Card balance and get a $10 bonus (first time only)
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods (in store or on Prime Now) between July 3 – 16, and get $10 Amazon credit to use on Prime Day.
- Set up your phone so you can make a purchase if necessary if you’re going to be away from your computer. Make sure your username and password are already entered so aren’t searching for them last-minute.
- Set an alarm so you don’t miss out on the deals! Some of them go fast.
2019 PRIME DAY DEALS
These are the deals I’m watching. Millions of items are already on Prime Day sales right now, and I will continue to update with new sales as I find them. Check back often as I will be updating this with deals as they are announced.
Note – I will do our best to keep this list updated, however, deals are limited, and I cannot guarantee pricing or availability.
Check back frequently throughout the day as I’ll be adding new items as I find them!
Save $5 on $15 worth of books with the code PRIMEBOOK19
Kindle Unlimited – Try this amazing service for FREE for 3 months! It’s normally $9.99 a month, I think, making this an awesome deal. It includes over 1 million books and magazines on Kindle, UNLIMITED AUDIOBOOKS on Audible, and can be accessed on any device using the Kindle and Audible apps. The only catch is that you have to “borrow” the titles, and you can only borrow up to 10 at a time. But still, you can’t read or listen to 10 at once, so it’s a good deal. I signed up for this one today.
Audible – Get Audible for 3 months for just $4.95 per month. That’s a great deal since it’s usually $14.95 a month. You’ll get 1 regular title and 2 Audible Original titles per month, so snag this one for sure! I’ve been an Audible subscriber for years and love it. I go through 3-5 books a month.
13″ MacBook Air – I can’t believe this is on sale for $300 off. This won’t last long.
Instant Pot – Save 57% on this family-sized powerhouse that Joe uses at least once a week.
40% off household essentials – This includes all kinds of cleaning and cooking products as well as batteries and a few other things.
Save up to 40% on Oral B, Braun, Gillette, Tide, Pampers and more – More soaps and diapers, but also 50% off the Oral B electronic toothbrush that I use and LOVE.
Save 50% on Dewalt power tools – This includes all sorts of things from drills to nail guns and knee pads. Maybe a good Christmas present for the man in your life?
Save on super soft sheets – We have these sheets (and paid full price BOO!) and they are truly the softest I’ve ever owned. This is a great deal.
APPLE WATCH – The heavens opened and the angels sang. I bought myself an Apple watch a month or two ago, and I LOVE IT. It seriously changed my life. Well, I bought it too soon because they are over $100 off right now on Prime Day.
iPad Pro – I just bought an iPad Pro, too. Also amazing. I love especially that I can use it to digitally sign documents without ever printing them. The 10.5 inch ones are over $300 off for Prime Day.
Roomba robotic vacuum – I have heard so many good things about these, and they are over 30% off now for Prime Day.
Nectar mattresses – These mattresses are THE BEST, and they are 25% off for Prime Day. We also have their pillows and love them. Everyone in my house sleeps on Nectar, and we sleep quite well.
40%-60% off the toys on this extensive list – There is everything here from babies to teens, so make sure to spend some time looking for Christmas gifts. I got Magformers, dolls, and a couple of games.
Save 30+% on Clorox, Glad, Burt’s Bees, & Brita – This is a great time to stock up on trash bags and Clorox Wipes! I also picked up Press N Seal which I greatly prefer to cling wrap.
Echo & Alexa
I have never seen the price of Echo and Echo Dot so cheap! We have 3 of them and love them all. We listen to music, get the weather, check the calendar, ask questions, listen to audiobooks, and about a million other things. Our Alexa also controls our TV, Roku, Netflix, DVD player, lights, and someday, our door lock.
- Echo Dot
- Echo Plus with built in hub (a must if you’re going to control your smart home)
- Echo Show with built in screen
We love our Kindles in my house! I mostly use mine for reading, but the kids use theirs for YouTube, Netflix, games, reading, audiobooks, and more. Their Kindles are never far from their fingertips.
- Kindle Fire 7 with 7″ screen
- Kindle Fire 8 with 8″ screen (This is the one the girls have and LOVE.)
- Kindle Fire HD 10 with 10.1″ HD screen (This is the one I have and LOVE.)
- Fire 7 Kids with 7″ screen and protective cover (These are awesome because they come with a 2-year no questions asked guarantee. If the kids break it, Amazon will replace it!)
- Fire 8 Kids with 8″ screen and protective cover (These are awesome because they come with a 2-year no questions asked guarantee. If the kids break it, Amazon will replace it!)
This is my favorite of all the Prime Day deals because I use my Audible EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I listen to audiobooks when I’m in the car (different books for family time vs. when I’m alone), I listen when I walk, I listen when I’m working around the house.
I love love love audiobooks, and the normal price for Audible is $14.95/month. For that, you get one audiobook that’s yours to keep forever, plus a discount on all other audiobooks.
If you live in an area that Amazon Fresh services, this is an amazing deal. Basically, you get unlimited free grocery delivery for $14.99 a month. Those Peapod fees can get pretty expensive, so this is awesome!
I subscribe to STARZ this way because it’s way cheaper than through the cable company. You can also subscribe to Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and others – for a fraction of the cost of cable. This link will get you a free trial of the service which you can cancel after you’ve binge watched your favorite show.