About Positive Affirmations for Christians with Anxiety
This downloadable file contains 40 affirmation cards. 18 of the cards are general positive messages. (Things like “every breath I take calms me down” and “I know this will be over soon” and “My future is bright.”) These don’t have scripture references because they aren’t directly related to any particular scripture.
The other 22 cards, such as the blue one below, are directly based on Bible verses. In these cases, the card includes the reference at the bottom for easy study later on.
These cards are appropriate for both boys and girls, men and women. There is nothing in the text or graphics that would tilt them towards one or the other.
Unlike the text on the positive affirmations for Christian moms, there is no script on these cards. These are all in a mostly uppercase, very readable font to make it easy for kids to read.
There is no reason that a Christian adult wouldn’t also benefit from these affirmation cards. They are really appropriate for anyone at any stage of life.
Do positive affirmations work?
Even though I am a believer with a strong faith, I wanted some evidence that positive affirmations would help me to defeat that nagging ugly voice I hear. It turns out that there is real science behind the power of positive affirmations.
According to an article in the journal Psychology Today, “affirmations can be a powerful tool to help you change your mood, state of mind, and manifest the change you desire in your life.”
The messages that you allow to permeate your brain, to really sink in, have the power to actually change your brain, causing new pathways to be formed. And then, of course, new pathways lead to new thoughts, new thoughts lead to new actions and new words spoken.
You can totally tip the battle against Satan in your favor, and the Holy Spirit will help them.
What can positive affirmations do for me?
That voice in your head criticize you. It makes you feel guilty, afraid, angry, and unloved. You may constantly worry that you’re failing, that your worries are going to overwhelm you, that you aren’t good enough.
These negative thoughts can have power if you don’t replace them with positive thoughts – truths based in scripture, written for you by the One who loves you most.
Research has shown that positive affirmations:
- Combat the negative effects of stress and anxiety.
- Boost problem-solving abilities.
- Create long-lasting feelings of happiness.
These printable positive affirmations for Christians with anxiety will encourage you and lift your mood throughout the day. They will remind you to see yourself the way God sees them – a calm, beloved, and peaceful child of God.
When you read these cards daily, you will:
- Feel strong and calm
- Trust the voice of the Holy Spirit when you hear it
- Feel empowered to conquer challenges
- Stop worrying about your mistakes and imperfections
- Find the joy that Jesus promises
- Feel happier and more relaxed in all your days
How to use these positive affirmations for Christians with anxiety
Here’s what I did with these cards:
- Download the file (um, obviously, right?)
- Print the cards on cardstock
- Cut the cards – they are squares for easier cutting!
- Laminate for durability
- Store in a small box or envelope and keep them in a safe place (Mine are in my underwear drawer.)
- Choose one affirmation to focus on. You might want one per day or one per week, or just change it whenever you feel like it.
- Post somewhere that you will see it several times throughout the day. I like mine on the bathroom mirror, but you could also put it on her desk, the kitchen table, or some other spot.
- Say the affirmation three times every time you sees it, preferably out loud. (But I understand if you say it in your mind because there are other people around.)
Download these positive affirmations for Christian with anxiety today to get the encouragement you need!
Claim a mindset of joy for yourself and take back your mind from the enemy.
These cards are the perfect way to build trust in the Holy Spirit and consciously seek out his voice in your mind.
You can protect yourself against worry and anxiety with God’s help.
© 2019, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.