12 responses

1. Kara
    January 25, 2019

Does ‘the end’ mean that there will be no more updates? I hope not.

I hope not because I’m inspired by you. I’ve chosen (for now) not to get any surgery, but you’re inspiring me to exercise more even though I got some bad news that I would not like to share publicly. It was kind of humiliating.

Anyway, thanks for these updates.

• Tara Ziegmont
      January 26, 2019

No, it doesn’t mean no more updates! I never even though of that. It just meant that was all I had to say about it today. 🙂

2. Heather
    January 26, 2019

I love these updates, I know you are helping so many people ❤️

• Tara Ziegmont
      January 26, 2019

Thanks Heather! It’s so nice to hear that they are helpful.

3. Danielle
    January 26, 2019

Dear Tara,
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    Thank you because you’ve inspired me to do what’s best for me. You didn’t hide from us that surgery is not the perfect cure, you didn’t hide how difficult it was to get rid of old habits.
    I am now almost 3 months post-op, I had a gastric bypass. Before that, I was in a very bad spot, with weight endlessly increasing, depression, and tons of chronic diseases. The trigger was at the beginning of 2018 when the medical examiner didn’t renew my DOT physical (I’m a truck driver), saying that I had such severe sleep apnea and other conditions that I would be a danger on the road. Indeed, I dozed in his office because I was so sleep deprived, and he could simply see me struggle to breathe. He also told me that in addition to losing my job, I will probably end up losing my life very soon.
    Being out of job because I was too fat was a shocker. I wasn’t aware that I was so sick. But I decided to use the opportunity to heal. I started CPAP therapy, and the procedure to get approved for surgery(I’m so thankful for my husband’s health insurance, by the way). I kept coming back to your blog posts about surgery to educate myself and get the real version of the thing.
    Today, I went down from #350 to #300. I have good sleep. My blood exams are improving. I’m off blood pressure medication and anti-depressants. I have less headaches. And I got my job back. I still have cravings, I dream of huge meals, I miss the comfort of food. But like you, I don’t regret a single minute that I had the surgery.
    So thank you. Sending prayers your way for strength and fortitude. Be blessed.

4. Tiffany Gorley
    February 11, 2019

Tara,
    Thanks, for sharing your journey with your surgery. I am going to have my gastric sleeve next week. I have learned a lot from reading your story and I feel more prepared. I hope you can get back on track with your weight loss.

Wish me luck lol

• Tara Ziegmont
      February 12, 2019

Good luck Tiffany! It will be a hard road, but you will do great!

5. N
    March 26, 2019

I have read all of your posts about your bariatric journey today. You have been doing very good with your exercise. But after a year of walking your walking routes with varying inclines and flat portions of your walk. That is all great and it really worked out for you for quite awhile. Especially since you probably have never challenged your body in this way. That is why something as easy as walking has been so successful for you.
    The trouble is your body is used to this now. It does not matter if you change your route up or not now. You need to SHOCK your body. You need to get out of your comfort zone and start adding at least 2 types of anerobic cardio exercise. Your system is so used to the light aerobic walking exercise it is now time to SHOCK your system.
    This anerobic exercise can be a class (zumba,cardio kickboxing,dance,etc) or if you don’t want to start off in public put a classic Tae Bo video on and got to town. After a few weeks You will notice such a drop and weight and a physically stronger body. These workouts are short …. maybe even shorter than your walks and will produce 5X the results. Pair that with your regular walk routine on your off days and you will be amazed. You can also add in some weight lifting or something like a pushup and wall squat daily routine.
    I have also found this may help with your eating. Wether its through a different mindset resulting from feeling and looking stronger or just knowing in your mind that you would have to do 15 minutes of cardio kickboxing or zumba to burn off that Cadbury cream egg …. or my favorite the hard shell Cadbury chocolate eggs.
    Try it out and I guarantee you will LOVE the end results.
    I have gone up and down in my weight for the past 17 years where i have fluctuated 150 pounds over the years. I am now on a weight loss journey similar to yours and cant wait to see my results.
    You are doing great and I will definitely be looking for your next post.

6. PATRICIA RANGO
    August 17, 2019

Hi, I loved reading your story. I am having gastric sleeve surgery in 2 weeks but I don’t want to tell my employers why I’m taking off. I’m a very private person and only want my close family and friends to know. I work for a school and had off the summer and was scheduled for surgery a week after I go back because they couldn’t schedule me sooner. What would be a good reason for me needing time off from work other than telling my boss I’m having weight loss surgery.

7. Judy
    September 24, 2019

Tell them you are having a hiatal hernia repair. It is very common, only noticable to you and if you had an EDG procedure done in preparation for your sleeve, your doctor may have told you weather you have a small one or not. I am not telling my employer either. Taking g a week and half off during the holidays to have it done.

8. Shelly
    October 13, 2019

Hi Tara, how are you doing now? I’m considering which treatment to choose , your blogs have really helped me and inspired me. We’re very similar in a lot of ways I’d love to connect and support each other.

• Tara Ziegmont
      October 14, 2019

Hi Shelly, I am still doing well physically but have regained about 100 pounds. I’m still down a total of 100 pounds, and I am working to lose the 100 I gained. It all went downhill when I went on the cruise and re-introduced sugar and carbs into my diet. I have had an impossible time of eliminating them again. There seems to be temptation everywhere and I succumb more often than not.

All that said though, I have not gained for a few months, and I have been working to eliminate the triggers and temptations in my life. Good luck to you and stay away from the sugar!