This is going to be an uncharacteristically quick post, but I wanted to let you know the results of the reader survey I did a few weeks ago. Some things came out exactly as I expected, and some were very different, so I thought you might also be interested in your fellow readers and their viewpoints.
- 93% female
- 7% male – Hello gentlemen friends! I didn't know you were out there, but I hope you feel welcome!
I've always imagined myself writing for an audience that is younger than myself, so it was eye-opening to know that 76% of you are actually older than me!
- 3% 25-34
- 21% 35-44
- 41% 45-54
- 28% 55-64
- 7% 65 and older
- 81% married
- 19% not married
Wow! I never expected so much diversity here, but I'm glad for it!
- 35% Christian
- 43% Christian, regular church attender
- 12% Catholic (I know they are Christians, too, but their practice is a little different from mine.)
- 2% Muslim
- 2% Buddhist
- 3% Atheist/agnostic
- 1% Nature (To be honest, I'm not sure what this means.)
- 2% Undecided
- 22% full time homemaker
- 36% work full-time outside the home
- 9% work full-time from home
- 9% work part-time outside the home
- 9% work part-time from home
- 3% own a business or are self-employed
- 12% are retired
- 40% homeschool their kids currently
- 48% do not currently homeschool their kids
- 5% don't currently homeschool but did in the past
- 7% don't have kids
What subjects would you like to read about?
The chart for these next few questions was a little too complicated to include, so here are the top vote-getters:
- Christian-themed inspiration – 50%
- Bible verses & Bible study – 45%
- Recipes & cooking – 45% – Interesting because I haven't posted a recipe in almost a year, but I will get back to that since you want to see it!
- Parenting & having fun as a family – 40%
- Tara's family & personal life – 33% – Thank you! I was worried that no one wanted to read about this anymore.
- General advice on getting it all done – 33%
- Adult crafts – 29%
- Homeschooling – 29%
- General advice on leading a happy life – 28%
- Kids crafts – 24%
Which problems do you feel?
- Too much to do and not enough time to do it – 50%
- Not spending enough time/energy on my relationship with Jesus – 40%
- No time for taking care of my own needs/no self-care – 28%
- Feeling like I have to “do it all” – 26%
- Putting myself last – 26%
- Feeling like I'm failing at life – 26%
- Feeling restless/unfulfilled – 24%
- I don't know what God wants for me – 22%
- I'm lonely (few or no real friends) – 19%
- I'm in a cooking rut and need new recipes – 17%
- I'm overwhelmed with my life – 17%
I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It means a lot to me to hear about you, and I always welcome your emails too. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have a post idea or if there's something you want to learn more about. I'd be happy to help you in a future post.
Now that I know exactly what the bulk of you are looking for, I will work on giving you that in the weeks and months to come.
© 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.