The moment I saw Dove’s new Dark Chocolate line, I thought of a peacock. The packages are pretty purples and blues and greens, the colors of the bird’s bright, beautiful feathers.
Perhaps I have peacocks on the brain. Grace and Allie got a doll for Easter that came with a peacock pet. We also have peacock Duck tape which is quite popular for crafts.
In any case, when I saw the bars, I knew exactly how I could make them into a gift for a special person I know.
Ã‚ AÃ‚ Unique Way to a Give Chocolate Gift – Make a Dove Dark Chocolate Peacock
- 3 large Dove Dark Chocolate Bars. We chose these:
- 3 Silky Smooth Almond Dark Chocolate PROMISES (because they’re purple)
- 1Ã‚ Silky Smooth Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl (because it’s light green)
- 3 pieces of aqua 12×12 card stock
- 3 pieces of green 8.5×11 card stock
- A small scrap of yellow card stock
- A small scrap of light blue card stock
- 1 piece of gold foil 12×12 card stock
- Glue or glue dots
I used my Silhouette machine to do all this measuring and cutting, but you could alsoÃ‚ do it by hand.
- Make an envelope for each candy bar from the aqua card stock, cutting a fancy edge along the front with scallop scissors or your Silhouette machine. These candy bars are much larger than a “normal” chocolate bar, so make sure you measure them to be sure the envelopes are big enough.
- Cut out the peacock from gold card stock. If you don’t have a Silhouette machine, you’ll probably want to do a basic silhouette instead of a fancy design like I did. You can find lots of peacock images if you Google “peacock images.”
- Cut out 3 peacock feathers from green card stock. Again, if you don’t have a machine, go simple on the feathers. It’s not hard to make a geometric feather shape with scissors. Just make sure that it has a bigger, fuller part at the top so that you can glue the candy and the circles down.
- Cut 3 yellow ovals and 3 blue circles out and glue them into the top of the feathers. Glue a purple candy on top and slightly below the blue circles (so as to not completely cover them up).
- Fan out the feathers, attaching them to one another at their centers. The chocolate bars are quite bulky, so this part can be a little tricky.
- Glue the green chocolate under the peacock’s head so that it doesn’t go backwards onto the last feather.
That’s it! You have a pretty peacock stuffed full of Dove Dark Chocolate goodness. I can’t wait to give it to the recipient; I know she’s going to love it!
Dove Dark Chocolate
Available in four varieties (Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate,Ã‚ Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate,Ã‚ Silky Smooth Almond Dark Chocolate, andÃ‚ Silky Smooth Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl),Ã‚ DOVEÃ‚ uses carefully selected cocoa beans to deliver its signature taste and a special process that delivers the unique, silky-smooth texture.
How could you present some Dove Dark Chocolate in a fun way?
Compensation was provided byÃ‚ DOVEÃ‚® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends.Ã‚ Ã‚ The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions ofÃ‚ DoveÃ‚ or Momtrends.Ã‚
© 2014 – 2020, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.