Summer is decidedly over.
Tuesday is October 1, (!!!) and my children and I are already painting pumpkins and collecting acorns and making applesauce and eating pumpkin ice cream. Ã‚ It is fall.
And yet, we haven’t really left summer behind and gotten into the swing of our new homeschool year.
I joked about the beginning of our school year. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my tongue-in-cheek first week of school.
On the first day of school, we played in the creek.
On the second day of school, we ate ice cream at Hersheypark.
On the third day of school, we played a math card game.
A week or so later, we went to the county fair.
We did get in a few formal lessons during those early weeks, but then I had a three all-day meetings one week, we had a school picnic and another field trip the next week, we traveled to visit Old Grandma, and then my other grandmother passed away and we had to spend most of last week traveling.
And when I’m feeling stressed out and emotional? I don’t teach; I clean and organize and do laundry. It clears my mind.
Thus, we have been trying to start Day Seven of our school year for nearly three weeks now.
That is misleading. Grace has learned about a whole litany of things (wind power, impressionist art, post-impressionist art, caterpillars, toadstools, sequences and patterns, the Rainbow Loom, fractions, brain teasers, chemical reactions, etc, etc, etc.). I could list at least fifty things we’ve studied in the last month; we just haven’t gotten around to the actual Calvert lessons.
Do I seem worried about it? I’m not, really. I think informal education is preferable to formal sit down at the table stuff anyway.
We’ll bounce back from the interruptions in our schedule. We’ll bounce back from our emotional, tumultuous summer, and our fun fall. We’ll get back into a routine.
Bounce has been known for helping people’s laundry bounce back in the dryer since the 70’s, and they’re not on a mission to extend that power to help people bounce back from everyday challenges, hiccups, and whatever life tosses their way.
Every little sheet offers four big benefits – softening, freshening, controlling static, and repelling lint and hair. When you have three cats, that last bit is super important!
Bounce comes in six fresh scents – Outdoor Fresh, Fresh Linen, Spring Fresh, Meadows & Rain, Spring & Renewal, and Fresh Lavender, but there’s also a perfume and dye free version for families with sensitive skin and allergies (like ours!).
Enter to win a Bounce gift box!
- First comment “#1 Email subscriber”
- Second comment “#2 Email subscriber”
- Third comment “#3 Email subscriber”
MANDATORY ENTRY: Comment on this post about how you’re going to #bounceback from the summer or another time when you’ve had to #bounceback from life’s challenges. (You may share up to two stories, each in its own comment.)
- Share a Vine video about a time you had to #bounceback and include the link in the comment.
- Subscribe to Feels Like Home by email. You don’t have to include your email address in the comment as long as you include it in the Email box in the comment form.
- List this giveaway in a giveaway linky or listing site and include the link in your comment.
- Add a Feels Like Home button to your blog’s sidebar (buttons available below). Include the link to your blog in the comments.
- Give me +K in Klout in Social Media, Moms, Blogging, and/or SEO and Tweet about it.Ã‚ You can do each topic once per day (so 8 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can check it.
- Add me to one of your Google+ circles.Ã‚ Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
- Like Feels Like Home on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Post this giveaway on your own Facebook wall and leave the link in the comments. Once during the giveaway period.
- Comment on a post on the Feels Like Home Facebook wall up to once per day.
- Tweet about the contest up to twice per day. Your Tweet MUST include the giveaway prize, the hashtags #giveaway and #bounceback, and a link to this post along with @TaraZiegmont. You must have at least 100 followers, and the Tweet must be public (no protected Tweets).
All entries must be properly recorded as a comment with proof of the action required (link to Tweet, Facebook name, etc.)
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. The sweepstakes runs from September 28 until October 7 at 11:59pm. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
This post is sponsored by Bounce and Mom It Forward.Ã‚ Please see myÃ‚ disclosure policyÃ‚ for more information.
© 2013 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.