16 responses

1. carol
    July 22, 2013

5 stars
    This looks amazing! I have missed cheesecake dearly since going gluten free. I can’t wait to try it

• Tara Ziegmont
      July 22, 2013

Do it! You’ll love it! I served it at Christmas dinner, and everyone said it was as good as a regular cheesecake. I was the only one who was gluten-free.

2. Amber Kelly
    March 30, 2014

I found a trick online about preventing cheesecake from cracking. When you bake it, put a plate (yes a plate) full of water in with it. It keeps the atmosphere moist and keeps it from cracking. I’m a novice baker and it works for me!

• Tara Ziegmont
      March 30, 2014

I usually put a 9×13 pan half full of water underneath, and it’s never made a difference for me. Most baking “experts” tell you to wrap your springform pan tightly in foil and place the entire springform pan in a waterbath. I’ve never done that because I’d rather risk a cracked cheesecake than a watery one. 🙂

Plus, I usually cover it with chocolate ganache anyway, so the crack is a non-issue.

3. Caroline
    July 23, 2014

Can you make this without the almond extract?

• Tara Ziegmont
      July 25, 2014

Sure. You could use another flavor of extract or a little extra vanilla.

4. Jennifer
    September 13, 2014

How long would you suggest baking this is I were to make 4 – 9″ minis instead of 1 large one??

• Tara Ziegmont
      October 3, 2014

I’ve never tried to make it in smaller pans. Did you try it?

5. Mandy
    September 18, 2014

I plan to halve this recipe. Any advice on type of pan to use and how long to cook for half? Also, I’d like to make it salted caramel instead of chocolate. Any advice on that is welcome too! Thanks for posting this recipe – I looked at about 8 different GF cheesecake recipes and this one sounds the best.

• Tara Ziegmont
      October 3, 2014

I’ve never tried to halve a cheesecake, so I don’t have any advice there.

6. Lizzy
    April 4, 2015

What size spring form pan did you use for this cheesecake?

• Tara Ziegmont
      April 5, 2015

I used my Pampered Chef springform pan. I think it’s 9 inches across.

7. Jodie
    August 30, 2015

I miss my cheesecakes especially at restaurants!! But LOVE the sound of this one gonna give it a go!! Thank-u x

8. Lori
    September 5, 2015

Thank you for the recipe! I can’t wait to try it!

9. Debora Cadene
    October 16, 2015

Sounds delish!! When do I add the ground pecans??

debbie.

• Debora Cadene
      October 16, 2015

sheesh…never mind. If all else fails….read ALL the directions and don’t just skim through it…. thanks.