With all of the craziness in the last couple of weeks, I’ve missed this post. Here’s what we’ve been reading:
- The Little House Box Set – We are in the middle of By the Shores of Silver Lake. If you decide to read this series and don’t remember from your childhood, Jack (the dog) dies at the beginning of this book. My 4-year-old looked me in the eyes and said, Would you stop reading, please? I can’t understand the words for all your crying.
- The Little House Cookbook: Frontier Foods from Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Classic Stories – This one is more for me than for Grace. It’s interesting.
- Welcome to Kirsten’s World, 1854: Growing Up in Pioneer America – Grace really loved this book. (We returned it to the library this week after we maxed out on renewals.) It’s an American Girl book. It talks about Kirsten and her family as they leave Europe, arrive in America, and travel across the country. Many things are very similar to things in the Little House books.
- Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties – Grace has been on a Fancy Nancy jag the last couple of weeks. We got this one, Stellar Stargazer!, Explorer Extraordinaire!, and The Fabulous Fashion Boutique from the library a while ago. Tea Parties is Grace’s favorite, but I really like the stargazer one.
- Fancy Nancy’s Elegant Easter
What I’m reading this week:
- You’re Already Amazing – I love this book. Love, love, love, love it. Holley Gerth speaks to my soul. When I’m having a rough day or I’m having trouble sleeping, this book is my first choice.
- Lost and Found: One Woman’s Story of Losing Her Money and Finding Her Life – I’m reading this for the BlogHer Book Club. I have Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything on my bookshelf, but I’ve never read it. I will start it when I finish Lost & Found. I really like it so far.
- Seek God First – This is the Bible study that goes with the group I’m leading at my church. This is our last week, so I’m also reading Balanced Living to prepare for our next session.
- Life Application Study Bible (NLT) – I love this Bible. I use it for reading and for studying.
This post contains affiliate links.
© 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.