Do you know any books about ________?
I get asked that question (and “How are you teaching Grace at home?”) at least once a week. I do know lots of good books, so I’ve decided to start sharing what we’re reading with you.
Here’s what my girls are listening to this week:
- Little House in the Big Woods (from the Little House Box Set I got for Christmas when I was 8 or 9) – Grace and I have been reading this during Allie’s nap times and at night. She loves it as much as I did when I was a little girl, and I adore those moments when we’re cuddled up together, reading about Mary and Laura.
- Bear’s Loose Tooth – I LOVE the Bear stories from Karma Wilson, and I was excited to find this new one at our library.
- Aesop’s Fables for Children _ Grace loves to hear the stories out of this book. We usually do our reading comprehension lessons from these fables.
- Bella The Dragon – This is not my favorite story, but Grace loves it.
- The Mitten – Allie found this on Grace’s book shelf, and she’s been carrying it around for days. Once in a while, she even lets me read it.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – I just love this book! Unfortunately, Allie loved the cover right off of our copy.
- Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too? – I make up my own words to this one. It’s another that Allie likes to carry around.
What I’m reading this week:
- Seek God First – This is the Bible study that goes with the group I’m leading at my church.
- Life Application Study Bible (NLT) – I love this Bible. I use it for reading and for studying.
- Games for Writing: Playful Ways to Help Your Child Learn to Write
- Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood
- Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living – I may or may not have purchased this book twice, once in hardback and once on my Kindle. I have not yet read it, but I’m going to. Tomorrow.
© 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.