Welcome to Feels Like Home!
I'm Tara. It's great to meet you!
I write this blog because I believe that life shouldn't be so hard. I believe that we choose our attitudes, and that attitude colors everything we do. You can read more about that, about me, and about this blog in the About Me section.
Life shouldn't be so hard.
Food and cooking tips
My own parenting (mis)adventures
Hopefully, you'll find something useful around here. I hope that it really does make your life easier (or at least makes you laugh).
Feels like Home is divided into seven sections:
- Homefolk: My own personal (often embarrassing and funny) stories
- Home Cooking: My favorite recipes & kitchen tips, usually explained so that anyone with a stove or microwave could make them
- Healthier Mom: My quest to become a healthier, leaner, lighter mom and role model for my young daughter
- Homegrown: Parenting & family advice (in the shape of my foibles)
- Homemaking: My failure attempt to keep our home running smoothly (hopefully in environmentally-friendly ways)
- Homespun: My crafts, sewing & other projects (often showcase in easy-to-follow illustrated tutorials)
- Things to Write Home About: A weekly list of blog posts I've loved in the above categories
You won't want to miss these:
- Of all 800 posts I've written, these have been the most popular:
- My favorite posts appear in the right-hand sidebar. I have a lot of favorites, and only 4 of them appear on the page at one time, so reload to see more.
The Ultimate Blog Party goes along with a very long list of very cool prizes. If I'm selected as a winner, I'd like:
- US1 – $150 shopping spree at Pedal Cars and Retro Collectibles (I want to get Grace a balance bike for her 3rd birthday!)
- US20 – $50.00 in jewelry from Cookie Lee from Kelley Clayton
- USC8 – $55 gift card for Amazon.com from Kelly's Lucky You
If those prizes have already been given away, I'd like any gift card (especially for Amazon, Target, Toys R Us, or Restaurant.com), or any prize that is jewelry, books, or appropriate for a 3-year-old girl.
© 2010 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.