Joe, Grace, and I made heart-shaped pizzas on Valentine’s Day. They were yummy.
It’s fun to make “real food” that’s such a silly departure from normal.
Joe’s pizza, before it was cooked:
How to make an easy heart-shaped pizza
This is so easy, it can hardly be called a recipe.
- Tortillas, one per person
- Pizza sauce
- Cheese – shredded is easier, but Grace wanted to cut heart-shaped cheese so we used slices and shredded together.
- Pepperoni and whatever other toppings you want
- Gently fold the tortilla in half and cut it into a heart shape.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Don’t use too much or your tortilla will get soggy.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add the toppings.
- Cut pepperoni into heart shapes with a small cookie cutter.
- Add the pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Keep your eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get too crispy.
My pizza, after it was cooked –
I didn’t get to photograph Grace’s pizza before or after cooking. She ate it too fast.
Note: These are great portions for children. Grown ups will want more food, so don’t rely on one pizza for your meal. We may have learned this the hard way.
© 2010 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.