Did you know that the June birthstone is the pearl? It is.
I know that, of course, because my baby was born on June 2.Ã‚ When she’s significantly older, I’ll buy her pearls from Pearl Paradise. I can’t wait!
Jeremy Shepard and his company, Pearl Paradise, are celebrating June with a pearl giveaway!
Even though I have quite a few pearls already, I didn’t know a lot about taking care of them until I watched this video. It’s a basic overview of pearls featuring Jeremy Shepard, founder and owner of Pearl Paradise.
Back in January, Jeremy offered Feels like Home readers the chance to win a Freshadama strand of pearls from Pearl Paradise. At that time, I raved about the company, shared info on Jeremy and his staff, and swooned over the Freshadama pearl necklace that I received to review. If you haven’t already, you should read that January post.
That was then.
Four months later, I’ve learned more about Pearl Paradise. I’ve learned about the company’s good deeds, donating a million dollars worth of pearls to silent auctions and fundraisers for charities and non-profit groups. I’ve also learned more about pearls and pearl farming, specifically through Pearl Paradise’s YouTube channel.
Don’t call me a nerd while I’m standing right here, okay? Go watch the videos. You’ll see. They are really interesting!
I’m more impressed than ever. Not only does Pearl Paradise help to educate the public about pearls and support charities on a local level, they make the world’s best pearls affordable and available for us, the general public.
I appreciate that.
In honor of June and its beautiful birthstone, Pearl Paradise is offering you a chance to win a pair of akoya pearl earrings. I received a pair, and they are marvelous. The pearls are perfect. I would expect nothing less from Pearl Paradise.
Worth noting is that these akoya pearls look different from the Freshadama pearls I received in January. These are shinier and more reflective. The Freshadama pearls are more milky and white; the akoya pearls are slightly darker, almost like tiny round mirrors.
Guess what, Dear Reader! Pearl Paradise is giving away these akoya pearl earrings to one very lucky Feels like Home reader! They are enchanting, and I’m certain you will love them.
To enter: Visit Pearl Paradise and chose your favorite piece. Come back here and tell us what you chose and why. Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you.
For extra entries: You can earn extra entries for the following:
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave the URL for the Tweet in the comments. You may do this daily.
- Stumble this post and write a brief review. Report this in a comment with your SU username.
- Write about this giveaway on your blog, including Feels like Home and Pearl Paradise. Leave the URL in a comment.
- Post my button on your sidebar. Report the URL for your site in a comment.
- Subscribe to the Feels like Home Recommends and/or Feels like Home main feed and report it in a comment.
- Subscribe to the Pearl Paradise FAQ blog and report it in a comment.
- Fave Feels like Home on Technorati and report it in a comment, including your Technorati username.
Good luck! IÃ¢â‚¬™ll use Random.org to choose a winner some time after 11:59 pm on June 15, 2009.
© 2009 – 2014, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.