My friend, Kerry, likes to get her boys involved in the kitchen. The following recipe is one of their favorites. Here’s what she had to say about it:
This recipe was fun for all three of us.
My three year old enjoyed watching the sugar dissolve. My one year old liked pouring the water in. Surprisingly, both boys LOVED dipping their cups in the bowl of lemonade, taking sips , and dumping some back in. Guess this pitcher is all ours!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 lemons
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- Put 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a pot. Heat the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut 6 lemons in half. Squeeze the lemons until you get 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon juice, 3 cups of water, and 1 cup of cranberry juice into a pitcher. Add the sugar mixture , stir, and chill.
Grace’s Kitchen Friends
Please join in Grace’s Kitchen Friends! To play along, all you have to do is fill out Mr. Linky below. (If Mr. Linky isn’t there, leave your link in the comments.) You can link up any post that talks about kids and food:
- feeding kids
- cooking with kids
- play with food or play kitchens
- crafts with or about food
- and probably a lot of other kids and food things I can’t think of now.
I’m easy like that, Dear Reader. The only thing I ask is that you link back here to Grace’s Kitchen Friends in your post. I can’t wait to see what your kids are doing!
© 2009 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.