I found A LOT of gems this week. A LOT.
- Amy at Teach Mama posted an idea for toddler fun that requires only bottle caps and construction paper. We're going to start saving bottle caps for this.
- Allie at No Time for Flash Cards made a homemade balance beam for her son to play with
- Amanda at kiddio posted nine ways to keep your toddler happy on long car rides
- Tsh at Simple Mom asked moms of preschoolers what 3 essentials they don't leave home without
- Leo at Zen Habits posted advice on encouraging kids to love reading
- Michelle at Scribbit posted instructions for making an apple galette – similar to an apple pie, but made on a cookie sheet instead of in a pie plate – using a very easy homemade pie crust
- Michelle from Scribbit also posted instructions for making six different kinds of apple cider, along with her thoughts about each one
- Jerri at Simply Sweet Home posted a recipe for pistachio dessert salad
- Tasha at Hectic Calm posted a recipe for Tex Mex Egg Rolls. I've never heard of such a thing, but I am going to make them soon. I can't wait to try them!
- Elodie at Momelo's Blog posted a quick and easy pizza dough recipe
- Jaclyn at The Blossoming Skillet posted a recipe for whole wheat pita bread
- NerdMom at Nerd Family Food posted a knock-off of the Olive Garden's amazing Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Kristen at Frugal Antics of a Haried Homemaker posted No Bake Reece's Peanut Butter Bars
- Amy at Mom Advice posted a cost comparison for homemade versus McDonald's Happy Meals
- Elise at Simply Recipes posted instructions for cooking and eating an artichoke
- Dana, The Homesteading Housewife, posted a recipe for homemade shamrock shakes
- Kelby Carr reminded readers about her Sustainable Kitchen Project and also invited us all to join her. I'm definitely in!
- Melissa from The Inspired Room posted tips for using an inspiration notebook or decorating board at Blissfully Domestic
- Carole at Common Sense Living gave suggestions for spring cleaning
- Sandra at Craft and Create posted a summary of her great pumpkin adventure, followed by a recipe for pumpkin fritters
- Emily at Remodeling this Life is getting back to the basics in 2009
- Tonya at Currently Crafting posted tutorials for two great projects this week – a washcloth mitt and knitted Easter buddies
- Kellie from Greenhab: The Browns Go Green posted a tutorial for quilted fabric coasters at Make It From Scratch!
- Cara at repurposeful posted suggestions for reusing old blankets as new clean up cloths
- Michelle at Scribbit posted a tutorial for making a doll baby's cradle from an empty oatmeal container
- Jessica at Zakka Life posted a tutorial for creating a simple hanger that will hold your cell phone and its cord while it's charging
- Heather at Maternal Spark posted Ten Creative Moms (and included links to their blogs and Twitter pages)
Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I'm always looking for some! Send them my way, please!
If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you'll see it here next Sunday!
Don't forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace's Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.