Some of the gems I found this week:
- Cory Allan posted an article called What Kids Need Most are Cool Parents at Simple Mom – and before you write it off, he's not talking about the parents who are so cool that they buy booze for their kids. He's talking about a whole different kind of cool.
- Cory Allan listed his top 20 Must Read Blogs for Married People on his own blog, Simple Marriage
- Amanda Soule at Soule Mama posted a wonderful post called Everyday Treasures, and you will want to read through the comments as well as the post itself.
- Alexis at Taking the Lid Off the Sun talked about her son's imaginary friend
- Sandy at Organize with Sandy re-posted a recipe for Tangy Slow Cooker Pot Roast that was originally posted on Working Moms can Blog, Too
- Kaycee at In the Moment posted a recipe for Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Michelle at Big Black Dog posted her recipe for Gratin Dauphinois (Scalloped Potatoes) that she calls comfort food extraordinaire. Note – the recipe calls for one Bouquet Garni. Not knowing what this meant, I contacted Michelle, who pointed me to this website for an explanation and tutorial.
- Anne, the Short Order Mom, posted a recipe for Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Bakerella posted instructions for a 14 layer cake that I can't wait to try
- Meredith at Like Merchant Ships shared a frugal way to cook rice
- Lylah at Simple Home Living shared her sun oven experiment
- Lori at The Towells shared her bathtub cake
- Julia from Hooked on Houses posted 10 ways to be Happy at Home and then 20 More Ways to be Happy at Home
- Holly from Homebody posted the story behind the pink and green living room in the 10 ways to be Happy at Home article from the article above
- Kimm at Reinvented shared an ode to white dishes
- Kristen at We Are THAT Family showed how she got around buying a new $225 dining room chair
- Amy at The Finer Things in Life is already preparing her garden
- Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline posted some sewing inspiration
- Kellie at Don't Look Now posted a smock pattern that I think would make an adorable little girl dress
- Allie at No Time for Flash Cards posted a quick bird nest craft project using yarn and glue
- Tonya at Currently Crafting made a simple cover to hide all of those unsightly computer cords
Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I'm always looking for some! Send them my way, please!
If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you'll see it here next Sunday!
Don't forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace's Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.