14 responses

1. Lisa
    March 3, 2009

LOVE your directions for these! I made something similar for my nieces (out of poly satin) and called them Princess Pillows. A total hit!

Lisa’s last blog post..LaundryTree SoapNuts make a wonderfully unique gift!

2. Lisa
    March 4, 2009

Lisa’s last blog post..LaundryTree SoapNuts make a wonderfully unique gift!

3. Lisa
    March 4, 2009

Lisa’s last blog post..LaundryTree SoapNuts make a wonderfully unique gift!

4. The 6 O’Clock Stitch
    March 5, 2009

You should submit this tutorial in the Mr. Linky for “Make & Tell Monday”! Feel free to jump in every week! I love it!

The 6 O’Clock Stitch’s last blog post..Make & Tell

5. The 6 O’Clock Stitch
    March 5, 2009

The 6 O’Clock Stitch’s last blog post..Make & Tell

6. The 6 O’Clock Stitch
    March 5, 2009

The 6 O’Clock Stitch’s last blog post..Make & Tell

7. Lauralee Hensley
    March 5, 2009

When you buy the panels already done, you can also dress them the following way:
    Trace around a pot or large bowl a circle (use light regular pencil to do the tracing with), that is around the picture in the cloth panel. Use that circle as a guide to attaching already ruffled lace that you buy at a fabric store. Cotton or Cotton/Blend ruffled laces work best. Simply sew the ruffled lace at it’s bound edge to the circle line. About one inch from finishing the ruffle circle, simply add about one more inch and slightly turn some under and lay it slightly over the cut edge where you started. That way it should cover the raw cut ends of the lace. Where the lace meets start/finish area, you can cover it with a sewn on bow. I like to use a straight stitch and go around twice, but you can use a contrasting zig-zag stitch if you like to secure the ruffle down around the panel pictures. It doesn’t have to be a circle either, if the panel picture kinda dictates it, it could be a rectangle or a square. You could use different colors of ruffled lace for each panel area, or all the same. I think it’s fun if there are different colors. Actually I did this not with already made panels, but around simple little embroidered animals and another around simple little embroidered circus scenes/animals for a friend’s baby shower many years ago. Everyone went Gaga over them. I think it’s the ruffles and bows that everyone thinks it takes such a long time or looks expensive. Yet I think anyone that can make the easy baby quilts like you described can embellish them with the bows and ruffles too, it’s easy.

8. Lauralee Hensley
    March 5, 2009

9. Lauralee Hensley
    March 5, 2009

10. Jenn Spencer
    April 10, 2009
  11. Jenn Spencer
    April 10, 2009
  12. Jenn Spencer
    April 10, 2009
  13. Western Bedding
    November 19, 2009

that's some good tips right there. I don't know if quilts are good for toddlers though. this might go really warm during the summer. anyway, I don't think any of you uses quilts for the summer lol