I have a messy toddler. Don’t we all?
I suppose there’s a rare toddler out there who prefers not to make a mess when she eats, but I did not give birth to that one. I gave birth to the normal one who likes to explore the texture of food between her fingers and insists on feeding herself, thank you very much.
Even when it means getting ice cream or soup or ketchup all over the table, the chair, the floor, and her clothes.
She’s like Frank Sinatra – I did it my way!
Up to this point, we’ve been using bibs that I got at a big box store. They are very large, covering Grace from shoulder to shoulder, and they are water proof. And yet, she ends up with food all around her neck, under the bib on both sides, and all over her lap.
The bibs are so water proof that the liquid slides right down the bib, overtop of the anemic pocket, and onto Grace’s lap. Not exactly the desired result. Crumbs do the same thing. I’ve been less and less satisfied with those bibs as Grace has become more and more messy.
Enter DaBib. There are two different styles – DaHugs are waterproof on the back and microfiber on the front. DaGiggles are waterproof on both sides. Ours is a DaHugs.
- The neck is snug; it’s DaBib’s signature Scrunch Neck material. No food falls between the toddler and the bib.
- Everything sticks to the bib. Rice.Ã‚ Ice cream. Ketchup. Microfiber is like a magnet for crumbs, assorted food pieces, and other miscellaneous gunk that I would rather not end up on her pants, the seat, or (worst of all) my pants.
- The crumb catcher at the bottom folds out from behind so that it sticks out. It doesn’t sit flat against the bib like others do. It’s nice because it actually catches crumbs.
If I were to make an improvement to DaBibs, I would make them a wee bit bigger. Better yet, I would love it if DaBibs were available in two sizes – one for babies and small toddlers and a second size for bigger toddlers.
We’re definitely going to have to buy more DaHugs from DaBibs. This one bib has become our go-to bib for every occassion, and we’re fighting over it. I want to send it to day care, but Joe wants to use it for supper. And then it’s dirty when we want to go out to eat. It’s a real problem.
Do yourself a favor and buy a couple of them right off the bat, okay?
Guess what, Dear Reader! DaBib is giving your choice of bib to one lucky Feels like Home reader!
To enter: Visit DaBib, look around, and choose the product that you would order.Ã‚ Come back here and tell which one you like and why. Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you.
For extra entries: You can earn one extra entry for each of the following:
- Stumble this post and tell me about it in the comments.
- Fave my blog in Technorati and tell me about it in the comments (there’s a button in the left sidebar to make it easier).
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave the URL for the Tweet in the comments.
- Write about this giveaway on your blog, including Feels like Home and DaBib. Leave the URL in a comment.
- Post my button on your sidebar. Report the URL for your site in a comment.
- Subscribe to my feed and report it in the comments.
Good luck! I’ll use Random.org to choose a winner some time after 9 pm on April 6, 2009.
I’d like to thank the Family Review Network and DaBib for this giveaway.
© 2009 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.