Grace and I love oatmeal for breakfast.
We eat it almost every weekday morning.
Baked Oatmeal Pudding
No ratings yet
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts pecans are our favorite
- 1/4 cup dried cherries cranberries, or strawberries
- 1 firm ripe apple or pear chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the oats, baking powder, salt, nuts, dried fruit, and apple or pear. Stir just until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and the top is light golden brown. Spoon into bowls and top with blueberries.
I topped this with light whipped topping, too, but that’s just me.
© 2009 – 2020, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.