I am reposting an article that I wrote last year in July. I don’t think I could write a more perfect tribute to marriage and my husband, especially in the days leading up to Valentine’s Day.
Remember how I told you that I never intended to get married or have a child? Ã‚ Since I wrote that post, I’ve been thinking about how my life would be different if I’d never gotten married. Ã‚ It’s a scary thought. Ã‚ I love being married, and here’s what I love most about it.
I’m certain that Joe would say I most love having someone to pick up after me, cook my meals, and take out the trash. Ã‚ While I do like those things, I’m a capable woman (shhh! Ã‚ Don’t tell him!).
These things are more important –
- I love having a partner. Ã‚ It doesn’t matter what my problem is, I can go to him for support and encouragement.
- I love being silly. Ã‚ Whether we’re playing with bubbles, swimming, or tickling each other, laughing together is the best feeling!
- I love that we complement each other. Ã‚ I have strengths that benefit Joe (like being assertive), and Joe has strengths that benefit me (like making plans ahead of time). Ã‚ We’re a perfect team.
- I love that Joe is always on my side.
- I love that Joe compliments me all the time.
- I love going to church together.
- I love traveling together.
- When it really comes down to the bottom line, I love spending time together. Ã‚ Even sitting in the same room with him is nice, whether either of us is speaking or doing something. Ã‚ Just being together is enough.
I love being married. Ã‚ I am a lucky woman, and I’m right where I belong.
© 2009 – 2019, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.