I’ve been hearing from a number of you that Things to Write Home About is one of your favorite weekly articles. I love hearing it, and I’d love to see and hear your specific comments about the articles I feature.
This week, my friend Amy from Resourceful Mommy lamented to me (on Twitter) that her firewood was not dry enough, and her fire was not staying lit. I told her that I’d included an article about making fire starters from lint in my latest Things to Write Home About.
Thanks, Amy, for making my day! I hope all of you enjoy this week’s gems!
- Annie at PhD in Parenting is thinking about what it means to be a good enough parent
- Angela and Angelica at Groovy Baby Blog posted the Top 10 recycling websites for kids
- Amy at Mom Advice is having a No Spending Challenge – Her entire family has committed to spend nothing above their normal household expenses for an entire month!
- Amanda at kiddio is running a series on Creative Discipline. So far, she’s posted a booklist and a primer on house rules.
- Kelly at Sass & Veracity shared what she learned about food in 2008
- Cindy at Skip to My Lou posted an ode to her heart-shaped mini cheesecake pan, and she included a recipe for Caramel Chocolate Seduction Cheesecakes
- I joined a group of bloggers called the Daring Bakers. You’ll see more about that at the end of the month. In the meantime, here’s a post about the January Daring Bakers Challenge – tuiles
- Drew at How to Cook Like Your Grandmother shared his recipe for French Onion Soup
- Windell at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories improved candy message hearts by making them into cookie message hearts
- Peter Aitken has a list of kitchen myths that I thought was interesting
- Kendra at My First Kitchen posted The Best Cheesecake Ever
- Laurie at Tip Junkie highlighted some Valentine’s decorations for the home
- Sue at Stay At Home Mom posted tips for cleaning the microwave with lemons
- Jill at Mom on the Run Chronicles shared unusual uses for household items like dental floss and coffee filters
- Amy at Resourceful Mommy posted about her formal living room (and included info about a huge contest – $25,000 room makeovers!)
- Amanda from kiddio has a new blog called House+Made where she posted 30 uses for clothes pins
- Christy Nelson made heart-shaped Valentine treats out of candy canes from the after Christmas clearance sale. Brilliant!
- I used the crayon roll pattern at Skip to My Lou this morning. More about this later in the week.
- Erika Kern used old Star Wars bedsheets to make tote bags for her groceries and shared the info at Craft Stylish
- Laurie at Tip Junkie featured a whole bunch of homemade Valentines cards, most with tutorials
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
© 2009 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.