I love pulled pork. I love all barbecue, but especially pulled pork. Joe found this recipe in The Patriot-News, our local newspaper, and he brought it home for us to try. I’d like to final product to have a little more barbecue sauce, but it is really great just as it is. I’ve eaten it every day this week. Really.
Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, paprika, and red pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Place pork in crockpot. Top with onion. Pour tomato mixture over pork and onions.
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours, until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork from cooker; cool slightly.
- Pour sauce mixture into medium bowl. Remove onions from sauce, and set aside. Skim fat from sauce. Keep sauce warm.
- Shred pork with 2 forks, and return to cooker. Add onions and 1 cup of sauce. Cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes, or until hot.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup of pulled pork onto bread or a roll. Top with sharp cheddar cheese. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
© 2009 – 2020, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.