Some of my loyal Dear Readers have asked me to write out my complete Thanksgiving menu.
Here’s what we’re having on Thursday:
- Sparkling cider
- A relish tray with black olives, stuffed green olives, dill pickles, and bread & butter pickles
- Roast turkey, prepared according to the directions on the frozen turkey’s wrapper
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with gravy prepared by my mom using the turkey juice (is that called drippings?) and flour
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Steamed baby carrots, straight out of the bag and steamed in the microwave
- Homemade Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Grand’s really big flaky buttered biscuits served with real butter and homemade jam – I know they’re cheating, but my Dad loves them.
- Gourmet Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Topping served with whipped topping and vanilla ice cream
- My Favorite Pecan Pie
- Cherry Pie
I love how Joe and I split all of the duties of Thanksgiving. I think our division of labor is one of the main reasons that I love the holiday so much. Neither of us is overwhelmed with work.
I can’t wait for next Thursday!
© 2008 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.