I have a confession, Dear Reader. Are you sitting down?
Feels like Home has way more friends than I do. Seriously. I have like, two friends, and we have the same DNA. Feels like Home, on the other hand, has at least eight friends.
I think my blog is taking on a life of its own, sorta like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors.
Seriously, though, I have gotten some bloggy love in the last couple of weeks, and I want to publicly thank the bloggers who bestowed me with such honors.
First, Andrea at Crazy Jugs tagged me for a High School Meme. I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about my high school life.
- I had fewer friends in high school than I have even now. I'm sure it's hard to imagine, but I was pretty awkward, Dear Reader.
- My family moved from Ohio to Pennsylvania at the end of August, the week before my 11th grade year began, and the move was slightly traumatic for me.
- My little sister had emergency surgery for a life threatening condition the week before we moved.
- My dad and I shared a one bedroom apartment for a couple of weeks while we waited for my mom and sister to arrive in our new town. I slept on the couch, and he got the bedroom.
- I graduated in the top 2% of my high school class, at the age of 16.
- I am currently teaching at the high school I graduated from.
- I worked at McDonald's during my senior year of high school.
Second, I was tagged by Connie at Brain Foggles for the Power of Four and the Maternal Spark Sparkly Blogger Award.
I would like to give the Maternal Spark Sparkly Blogger Award to the following blogs:
The Power of Four Meme:
Four places I go over and over:
- The school I work in
- The restaurant where we eat breakfast on the weekends
- Grace's day care
- My parents' house
Four people who email me regularly:
- My Anointed Friends
- Jessica Sprague, the teacher in my Stories at Hand class
- Kelby Carr
- My mom
Four of my favorite places to eat:
- Neato Burrito
- Cheeburger Cheeburger
- Texas Roadhouse
Four places I'd rather be:
- Grandma's house
- At home (I am at home now, but it's my favorite place to be!)
- On a cruise
- Lewes, Delaware
Four TV shows I could watch over and over:
- In Plain Sight
- Top Chef
- Project Runway
Third, I was tagged by Robyn's Online World for the Five Things Meme (which I think I've done before, but I'm game to do again).
Five Things Meme:
Five Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
- I was a taking a semester off from Penn State.
- I worked full time as a museum educator at the Museum of Scientific Discovery.
- I had a long distance boyfriend who lived across the state.
- I went to the movies every Monday. It cost $2.
- My dear friend, Debbie, and I got pizza from Pitta Hut every Sunday.
Five Things On My To Do List
- Write, write, write
- Edit a manuscript for one of my clients
- Pick up the clothes in my bedroom and put them away
- Respond to my emails
- Read 1-2-3 Magic, Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child, and What to Expect the Toddler Years
Five Things I Like To Snack On
- Cream cheese & Club crackers
- Oreo cookies
Five Things I Would Do If I Was A Millionaire
- Have a custom home built that is just right for my family
- Pay off all bills
- Stay home with my daughter
- Take my whole family on a vacation in Greece
- Have my wedding ring made into platinum (The white gold gives me a rash, but we can't afford a platinum ring right now. I wear it for a few days, until the rash shows up. Then I leave it off for a week or two, until the rash heals. It's sort of crazy, but I don't want to just put it away.)
Five Places I Have Lived
- State College, PA
- Turkey City, PA
- Elkton, VA
- Aurora, OH
- Windham, OH
Five Jobs I Have Had
- Crew member at McDonald's
- Clerk at Fashion Bug
- Notetaker at Nittany Notes
- Independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef
Fourth, Tess at Six Feet Under gave me the Maternal Spark Sparkly Blogger Award again.
Fifth, Dore' at Dore's Diaries gave me the uber-prestigious Superior Scribbler Award.
The rules for this award are:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Link to the person who gave it to you.
3. Link to the originating post.
4. Pass the award on to 5 people.
5. Post the rules for the recipients.
I would like to pass this one to the following blogs:
- The Creative Junkie (I know you got it already, but I think you're awesome!)
- Havoc and Mayhem
- I'm Living Proof that Good Has a Sense of Humor
- Mummified Times Five
- Thoughts from a Sometimes Desperate Housewife
Last, A Letter to Xander gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. For this one, I'm supposed to list 6 things that make me happy and then pass it on to 6 more bloggers. The things that make me happy are:
- My cats
- Gracie Anna
- My Grandma
And the blogs that make me happy are:
- Riding with No Hands
- Blessed with Grace
- Not a DIY Life
- Robyn's Online World
- Mommay's Mayhem
- Mrs. Fussypants
Whew! Sorry this took so long to write everyone. I do appreciate your kindness, and I hope you'll play along if I've nominated you!
© 2008 – 2018, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.