I don’t shower as often as I would like to. My last one, in fact, was
weeks days ago.
- 6:30 am – Grace wakes me up. I go get her from the crib, and I bring her into my bed to try to eek out another half hour of sleep.
- 7:00 am – Grace is either playing with the speaker phone or jumping on me or prying my eyes open, so I get up. We feed our 4 cats and give Molly (one of the cats) her medicine. We feed the turtle.
- 8:00 am – Grace sits on the potty for a few minutes, then I prepare our oatmeal, and we eat breakfast. After breakfast, we play until Sesame Street comes on at 9.
- 9 to 10 am – We watch Sesame Street, all snuggled up on the couch.
- 10 am to noon – I struggle with Grace to take a nap. She finally conks out and sleeps for an hour if it’s a really good day. If it’s not a good day, she sleeps for twenty to thirty minutes. Of course, she only sleeps if I’m rocking her, so I do that and check email and catch up on my Google reader and Twitter. If she wakes up too soon, she’ll happily empty all of her dresser drawers while I finish what I’m doing.
- noon – I make us lunch, and we eat. After lunch, we do the day’s chores, which always take longer than I anticipate. If we get them done early, we play and read books in the living room.
- 3:30 pm – Joe comes home, we start dinner, and we play. I usually check email, reader, Twitter, and try to blog during this time, too.
- The rest of the evening is family time – Dinner, Grace’s bath, bedtime, then Joe and I do something together, like watching tv (classic bonding activity, non?).
© 2008 – 2017, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.