Our departure date has been pushed back to Saturday, thanks to my relatives. I haven't pin down the real reason. The only upside is that we have an extra evening to exchange gifts and pack.
Last night, I was able to bake loads of chocolate chip cookies and pecan bars and wrap some presents. Joe helped, too, so we're rapidly catching up. We still have to deliver all of the cookies to our friends and neighbors, and that will take a real chunk of time. I wonder if it's okay to send Joe and Gracie out to do it while I work on packing our stuff?
I shared my packing list with the Preggo Pals, and they think I'm taking too much. Do you?
- diapers & wipes
- bibs, bibs, bibs (cloth for drool/spit up and plastic for eating foods)
- burp rags
- formula powder and water to mix (Grandma has a well, and I don't want a baby with an upset stomach.)
- bottles and the dishwasher basket for easier washing
- sippy cups and baby spoons
- food – packed very well in a cooler with ice packs
- clothes (onesies, socks, shoes, pants, sleepers, dresses, hats, mittens)
- exersaucer (we have always taken the jumperoo, but she's more interested in the saucer these days)
- an assortment of toys
- 2 changing pads
- 2 baby blankets for playing on the floor and wrapping up in
- iPod & speakers & charging cord (we play music at bedtime)
- Pack N Play
- Infant Tylenol
- the diaper bag – contains travel sized items like nail clippers, diaper rash cream, comb, etc.
I really have checked the list twice, and I hope this is enough. I can't imagine traveling with less.
© 2007 – 2017, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.